Did I Score Another Deal?

Tony

Staff member
Well, with the crap weather here today, I ended up leaving work early again. Instead of heading home and waking the wife up, I found myself at my LHS. I went in to get a new coat iron, and some monokote. Well, I ended up looking at those, but was not really feeling it. So I walked around the store for about 30 minutes, then I found some Align stuff in the case.

Come to find out, Horizon has stopped carrying Align and so my LHS is starting to weed the things out. In the case, I found two sets of blade grips for a 450, a swash plate, and a 450 Align motor. I then found a deal on top of the counter with even more stuff in it. I'm talking washout arms, mixing arms, links, flybar cage, tail grips and so on. And I kept finding myself pulling out more and more parts. After all, these will fit my SE V2, which has mixing and washout arm issues.

Well, I ended up taking all of those parts to the counter, as well as some new servo arms for the F4U. If I would have paid retail for everything, it would have been somewhere around $300. And I ended up paying less than a bill for everything. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

Oh, and he has two Align 700's sitting there. One for $899 and the other for $1099, both super combo's and both brand new still in the box. If I only had the money, these would be the new RCH 700! lol. They are an older kit with a flybar, one is a V1, and the other is a V2, but they are still a 700 size helicopter at a smoking price for being brand new in the box.

bbj

You made a killing finding those items at such reduced pricing. Lucky you! Wish I could find deals like that.

Admiral

As I tell the wife, time wondering around a hobby shop is never wasted, look how much I saved you! Her reply would be be censored.

trainrider06

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the super deal! Good job Tony!
I always find great deals too................when my wallet is empty! :(

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I am usually in the same boat.

I'm thinking about going back and buying all of the microheli parts they have for the msr and mcpx. They are not carrying those either, and they are also 75% off lol. I'm going to have more parts sitting here than I could ever use lmao.

Top Bottom