600 DFC vs non DFC

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm not Sure how to ask this but I've picked up my first Trex 550 DFC a few months ago and it's probiily me but can't seem to get used to the way it flys. I'm a sport flyer and when I come out of a turn the heli seems to lose forward speed and almost stall. I have the CG right on the main shaft. I don't feel this at all with my 700. Is it just me because everyone tells my how good they fly. I know it's tough without watching me fly but any thoughts?

Tony

Staff member
It could just be the size difference between the two. I'm thinking you may be pulling a little too much elevator when you are coming out of the turn. Instead of pulling back, complete 9/10th's of the turn, finish with rudder only and a slight bit of forward elevator to keep it going straight. Making a heli "stall" in FF is actually pretty hard and usually happens when you bank to much.

It could also be your gyro settings. Double check them and see what they are at.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks for the tips. it's my flying for sure. I've been flying in headlock mode and not sure but today flew in rate. I come from the days when we had no headlock gyros so maybe that's the difference but it felt way better to me in rate.
T

Top Bottom