450 DFC head?

sparrow06

i'm thinking about upgrading my heli head with this Align Trex 450 PRO SPORT SPORT V2 DFC Main Rotor Head. any idea or reviews i want the pros & cons please

h45162_1_en.jpg

Tarot 450 DFC split lock rotor head assembly

ALL%20NEW%20Tarot%20450%20DFC%20split%20lock%20rotor%20head%20assembly%20Orange-500x500.jpg

stokke

I have this and I can't feel any difference in behavior. There might be some use in it that a seasoned pilot would feel - but I don't. I just got it because it looks cool :D

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dfc is great.. I transitioned from flybar to flybarless non dfc to dfc. Put hard dampeners and the difference is CRAZY! I mean I do fly a little smack here and there .. I am no pro but like to punch in and out of orientations transitioning... And dfc makes a heck of a difference. Puttering around you won't really notice much. But it's good for having lesser parts and head always being completely phased

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

zenmetsu

I don't trust the gyro enough to go FBL yet. I mean, if a flybar model crashes, I know it was my fault. FBL might complicate matters and leave me scratching my head as to what happened.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
If you get a good and trusted fbl system then you don't need to scratch your head .. Out if the hundreds of flights I have had on fbl systems on all my bird not one crash has been the fbl 's fault.

While I do agree that flybar is tried and trusted. Mechanically it works. But .. It's like going from typewriter to a computer.. Computers crash type writers don't.. But typewriter needs a lot of care and learning while computer just makes it easier.. :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

stokke

FBL is the future. I have well over 100 flights on my 3GX system by now and have never experienced behavior not directed by myself. The two incidents I have had was entirely my own fault.

zenmetsu

Even with good gyros, people still lose tails and crash. Unless I have a way to log servo commands coming out of the FBL unit, there is no way to know if I dumb-thumbed or the gyro flaked. For a beginner, this could lead to a lot of frustration.

That said, are all multi blade heads (3/4/5,etc) FBL, or do the additional blades eliminate the need for flybar or electronic stabilization?

zenmetsu

I guess I should have clarified. I know that they are FBL, but do they still need gyro control of cyclic, or do the extra blades add the needed stability?

Tony

Staff member
They can be flown without a 3 axis gyro, but they will be all over the place. I HIGHLY suggest a gyro like the 3GX on anything that doesn't have a flybar.

zenmetsu

I like the challenge, and the danger of being able to trash 2 or 2.5 pairs of blades in a single instant. Sign me up! :)

Top Bottom