Spektrum Devo7 & Spektrum Question

conway1961

I just purchased a Blade 130x bnf, I have a Devo7.Am i able to bind that heli with that transmitter ? If not what would be The model Spectrum that i should purchase for not only that heli but other E-flites I purchase in the future?

Lee

You will need a spectrum radio or a modular radio that accepts Spectrum.
If you are in for the long haul i would get yourself a DX8. It will be the most you'll ever need unless getting into big planes with tonnes of flaps and landing gear, gizmos etc. If you are on a budget then get the DX6I. Its the winner in the budget computer 6ch radios market. And if money is no object, get the DX18 for the pimp factor.

conway1961

Lee, thanks again! I was just wondering cause im starting to wind up with a lot of transmitters with my Devo7,DX5 that i got for the simulator and now this one for my Blade130X. Thats one thing i should catch up on is the electronics knowledge of this hobby . Its nice to have someone like you out there to give help when its needed for i am in it for the long hall. Thanks again , Mike

Tony

Staff member
As Lee stated, you will need either a Spektrum Tx like the DX6i/DX7s/DX8 or a JR radio, as long as they are on the same DSM2 or DSMX spectrum. I as well as Lee have the DX8 and we love it. Does everythign we need it to do but it is a $430 Tx when purchased with teh Rx. The DX6i was our first Tx and it was great for those that are just getting into it, but I can assure you, you will be upgrading in a couple years if you stay in teh hobby. Again, any questions, just ask.

Derek

I can relate to what Tony just posted. I got into flying RC just a little over a year ago. I bought the DX6i. It's been a great radio for me....no doubt! However, I'm starting to get to the point that I want more. I've really looked into the DX8 and it just seems to be a great radio for what I want.....unless someone wants to donate a DX18 to me...that would be cool!!! Since I doubt anyone is gonna just donate a $1000 radio to me, lol, I'll be working on getting the DX8.

Good luck!!!

Derek

Sorry about that...a buddy told me it was $1000...my statement was based on "word of mouth." Nevertheless...a DX18 is not in my near future, lol

Top Bottom