450 Devil 450 Rudder Servo

Troy Flamisch

Just wondering why the servo horn ball link is fowling on the bottom of the tail boom mount. The servo horn is on as far as it can go. In my opinion the servo horn needs to go further onto the spline.
Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 20181029_170223.jpg
    20181029_170223.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 8

Admiral

The servo horn is not seated down far enough, is it one supplied with that servo ? There should be minimum clearance when it is tightened down properly.

Last edited:

Troy Flamisch

The servo horn is not seated down fare enough, is it one supplied with that servo ? There should be minimum clearance when it is tightened down properly.
I agree it is not seated down far enough but that is as far as it can go. Yes it is what came with servo and all 4 types that came with it have the same problem. If u look at photo u can see it is seated correctly.

Attachments

• 15407979787727209020797077779206.jpg
    15407979787727209020797077779206.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 6

Admiral

Agreed it it appears to be seated as low as it will go, the alternatives are to use a shorter ball link without that raise before the link and if that still doesn't clear reserve it so it is under the arm. I don't believe you can do that with the existing ball because of the rise before the ball.

IMG_4007 (Large).JPG

murankar

Staff member
Either mount a new shorter ball or under mount the ball. That's all I can think of. Those servo horns are in my opinion defective. They should be seating down further. If those servos came with the kit I would see about ordering align servo arms.

Tony

Staff member
If I remember right, I had to mount that servo on the under side of the mount. Not ideal, but it does work. You can also put the ball on the under side of the arm. Will put a slight bend in the rod, but shouldn't hurt anything.

Top Bottom