Derek's ZMR250 FPV Flight Log

Derek

For a long time, I was having troubles getting this ZMR250 to fly properly. It was ugly! After pulling the Afro 20amp esc's and adding Little Bee 20amp esc's, this quad is just smooth. Well, it's smooth to me. Those of you fpv flyers that are more experienced than I am may think that some tuning needs to be done. I'm surely open to any and all suggestions.

Regardless, here is a video from today's flying

ZMR250 flight 07032016 movie - YouTube

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's cool you have the whole family out for the quads test flight. It's looking good Derek. Nice job flying.

Tony

Staff member
Only suggestion I can think of is to get yourself some flags and gates to fly around and through. Looking good. Oh, and when you go up high and descend, try flying in circles or just flying it down. It can start to shake pretty bad when just going straight down.

Stambo

Looking good Derek.
Few more packs and then acro time. :D
Once you are comfortable flying a quad acro, switching back to a self level mode will seem awkward.
Your flights, and therefore video will also become much smoother.
Then the real tuning can begin, although judging from that flight there won't be too much to do.

Love my Little Bee ESCs. :)
Since burning up a couple of Kiss ESCs I have discovered they don't play nice with the Sunnysky motors we have.

Derek

I can't see paying for flags and gates right now but I'm sure I can make up something to fly around/through.

As for flying high and descending, yes, I know not to come straight down. Going straight down, the props are dropping through it's own prop wash. I don't usually come straight down.

More to come from this quad....

Derek

Thanks Rodney! It was a great flight and I had a great time. More videos to come as my work schedule allows.

Top Bottom