Projects Derek's Twin Boom Plane

Derek

Well, I hit a sudden speed bump. I "thought" I had all the electronics, lol. I was missing a BEC. I was really hoping to have this plane all done last night so that I could maiden it today. Well, a missing BEC will surely slow things down, lol. I made a trip to my LHS, in hopes that they'd have a BEC. They did have one. I was hoping for a 5amp BEC and all they had was a CC 10 BEC. Well, I have to have a BEC so I bought it. Who knows, I might just need a BEC of this size later on. So, I'm back home with my new BEC and I'm back working on my twin boom plane, once again. Whew!

Tony

Staff member
Why in the world do you need a BEC on this plane? A 40a ESC with built in BEC should work just fine.

Derek

Ok....my progress on getting the electronics into this plane just got the brakes slammed on. I have the 3 servos mounted and wires run. I have the motor mounted and the bullet connectors soldered on. Finally at the point to solder the CC BEC to the ESC leads and..........I can't find my BEC. That's odd. It was right here the other day. I'm looking around..........can't find it. I'm getting a bit concerned now because the BEC isn't where I last saw it. I look in my RC stuff in the garage....no BEC. I look in my RC stuff in the computer room....no BEC. I look through this and that, this and that....now I am just getting mad. My whole house is only 896 square feet so there are only so many places that the BEC could be. Ugh!

Tony

Staff member
I have one that you can have that I will never use. It's just a 3a though. Cheap, but works. Pay shipping and it's yours.

Tony

Staff member
Let me verify that it works and I will get back to ya. It should only be a few bucks to ship.

Derek

no problem buddy! Thanks! Just pm me with a dollar amount and your paypal account again.

Tony

Staff member
You know I will. Time to start cleaning out all of the stuff that I don't use anymore lol.

Derek

Ahhh yes!!! This plane is nearly done. I finally was able to get the BEC that I wanted for this plane. Just need to solder the BEC in place and this plane is ready for the maiden flight. Unfortunately, I am working this weekend, so the maiden flight will have to wait until next week. That will also give me time to get some good pictures taken and uploaded. I'm really looking forward to flying this plane....finally!!!

Top Bottom