Projects Derek's new scratch build, The Blue Cub STOL

Derek

Thanks Gerald! I love this plane!!! It flies well without the 3 axis stabilizer but it's "that much" smoother with the stabilizer on.

Derek

Thanks guys! It's an awesome flyer! I'm going to have to make up some patterns of this plane so that, when the inevitable happens, I can replace it rather quickly. I have a small foam glider that I want to tow with my Cub. I think it will do it with no issue.

Derek

I appreciate the comments guys! I really do! I'm very happy with how this plane turned out.

I'm going to be building a tow-release attachment for this plane because I have a small glider and I want to do some aero-towing. I'll introduce the glider soon. I'm also going to be playing around with the flaps on my Cub. I have really gotten fond of flaps.

So...thanks again, guys, and keep watching for more updates. I'm hoping to do some aero-towing before the winter months come. Oh, that reminds me, I'm also wanting to build a set of snow skis for this plane. That should be fun!

Ken Jackson

I'd like to see you tow that glider and the skis that's just crazy, you'll have no brakes.

Good luck looking forward to your success!

ken

Stambo

That's a nice looking plane Derek.
Seems to fly really well too.

I'd like to see you tow that glider and the skis that's just crazy, you'll have no brakes.

ken

Who needs brakes, they only slow you down. :)

Derek

ken

I'm nearly done with the glider. I'll do a proper unveiling of the glider soon. I want the snow skis because its something I've never done before.
That's a nice looking plane Derek.
Seems to fly really well too

Thanks Stambo! I'm very happy with this plane.

Top Bottom