Projects Derek's new project: The Snow Skidder

wolfman76

Taping everything up right now have to tape main deck up before i add the electronics compartment. .. have to make the wiring harness for the twin lipos

Derek

So, today the temperatures are actually above the freezing point and the winds were calm. I charged up 3 batteries, grabbed my Snow Skidder, DX8, and called my Dad (cameraman). Took the Snow Skidder out for another run. This thing is just a lot of fun. The snow today was very packed and very hard. The Snow Skidder had no troubles running around. It was a bumpy run and I did roll it a few times. Then...the EDF came loose from the base. it's only held on with hot glue, so all I could do was laugh and pack it up. I'll get the EDF remounted, in a better way, and I hope to get it out again before the snow goes away.

Dad did a good job with the camera. I'll post the video this afternoon.

Tony

Staff member
I bet that thing would be fun as hell on a lake that is frozen over. smooth and fast. Drifting it through the turns lol.

Derek

Yeah...on some flat smooth ice...this thing would be amazing. it was quite a bumpy run today, lol. I'm hoping to try again tomorrow at a different location. Hopefully I can find a smoother open area. But, we've got another snow storm coming through tonight. They are forecasting 6-10 inches of more snow. Ugh! Jack Frost really needs to start his vacation and come to the realization that I NEED MY FLYING WEATHER BACK!!!

Anyway...my Snow Skidder has been a lot of fun.

Derek

Yeah..I'll get the EDF mounted better and we'll give it another go soon. Can't win them all, lol. Thanks for taking the time to watch the video

Derek

Thanks Gerald. Before the motor mount gave way, it was a lot of fun. I'll give it another go soon.

EyeStation

A scaled down version for indoors. Kinda fun looking.
[video=youtube_share;8c8NFfgxuD0]http://youtu.be/8c8NFfgxuD0[/video]

cml001

Ok that's it! I'm sold.. U MUST POST THE ENTIRE BUILD. I wanna kno all of it! Materials, dimensions, electronics.. Everthing! I'm building one! Please advise. AWEsOMe.. Andy made 3!!! U can race! Dude!

- - - Updated - - -

And neon too... Looks like a blast!

Derek

That's just awesome, Dave! Good find!!! Something like this would be awesome to have a weekly tournament or something and it would just insane fun to do FPV!!!

Top Bottom