Derek's lil girl is home

Tony

Staff member
Once again, a huge congrats to you both. I really miss mine being that young. Enjoy it while you can, it doesn't last very long.

Derek

Thanks Tony! Makayla is just so awesome! She makes some amusing sounds and even more amusing faces.

wolfman76

man bro she is a little cutie...... congrats again to you and the mrs my youngest is 5 as of december 3rd your right they do make funny noises but i will say this i definitely dont miss crappy diapers.... Lol

Derek

Thanks Ken! Thanks Kyle! Because all of us are in the same area, I'm sure you know about the snow storm that came through over the weekend. I did go to work this past Friday because Jordan wasn't feeling anything that indicated she was ready to head to the hospital, so we just went on with our normal routine. I work from 6pm-6am, normally. During my first break, at 7:30pm, I called to check on her and she said that her cramping was really starting up. I told her that I was going to stay at work and I would call her on my next break at 9:30pm. Jordan agreed. I called her on my 9:30 break and she said that things were getting more intense. Ok...I told her to give me 15 minutes so that I could find my supervisor, then clock out and I would call her on my way home. Everything went just like that, too. I found my supervisor within 3 minutes. I told him it was time and he rushed me out of the building, lol, after clocking out. I called Jordan and talked with her during my 25 minute drive home. I got home, I grabbed her hospital bag, and swooshed her to the truck. We get to the hospital, just 6 blocks from the house. By now, the time is nearly 10:30pm and, at the hospital, we are told that this particular hospital doesn't do night time deliveries, only emergency deliveries. I am pissed! They tell me that they can put us into an ambulance and get us to the hospital on the North side of town. No, that's ok. I'll take her. So, we get back in the truck and head to the other hospital. Half way to the North hospital, the snow starts coming down and never let up until Sunday morning. Whew! What a weekend!

The delivery went very well. Jordan did exceptional!!! It has continued to snow, ever so slightly. Even now, it's snowing. I've shoveled my driveway 3 times in the last 12 hours. It's not real super deep but I'm just trying to keep the driveway clear. I probably have about 11-12 inches of snow in my yard.

Ok, I'm done rambling, lol. Makayla is amazing! I love having her here! I did buy her a little outfit when Jordan and I were at IRCHA this year. I'll have to find it and put it on her. I'll post a pic of her with it.

Gerald

Congrats Derek to you and Mom, They grow up fast! My little girl is expecting my first grandchild in May. I will have a little one around the house again after 20 years!

treff

Yes congrates again to both of you. She looks wonderful. Incidentally she already as more hair than me LOL.

Derek

Thank you, treff! She is just awesome! And yes, she definitely has a great head of hair. I've already brushed her hair several times and she seems to like it.

Graham Lawrie

+1 What Tony said:)

We also made a point of always carrying on making the normal noises in the house, so they always slept through noise. I have been in some parents houses where you have to whisper for fear of waking the baby. Trust me , best tip I was given was carry on as normal:) and you have got 16 years to practise your shotgun technique for the young men knocking on your door:)

concept30

im glad yall all three got back home safe, It snow one time here in the past 33 years, so glad it doesnt snow here, video taping all this with yall child is a great idea, Get your baby RC flying as soon as possiable :)

Ken Jackson

I'll take one for my 5 month old grandson, Tony!

Derek your adrenaline has got to be at peak, hope your getting a little rest. Take care of the family first but that includes taking care of yourself.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder how many on here won't know what a onzie is Tony, Lol

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I was wondering that one as well lol. If they made one out of red and black Kevlar, I would wear one hahaha.

murankar

Staff member
Congrats again. Just wait till she starts laughing. Its the best. Right now all I have now is screaming yelling fighting and all the stuff siblings go through.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom