Dereks first 500 flips

Derek

yeah man...hearing the sound from the blades of my own helicopter was just awesome!!!

Derek

Thanks guys! This 500 is just amazing in the air. Todays flights (not video'd unfortunately) were smooth smooth smooth. Flips and rolls..just awesome.

I did, however, notice that the 500 wants to bank to the right. I'm thinking the swash isn't "totally" level. I'll be checking on that tonight.

Nonetheless...Derek is a happy camper with his helicopters and some minor 3D.

Derek

Thanks Dan! It was awesome!!! I've practiced on the simulator for hours and HOURS, lol. This 500 feels just like the simulator.

Dirk

Nicely done Derek! Nothing can quite wipe that grin off ones face after that first successful flip.

Derek

You got that right, Dirk! The flips with the 500 and the 450 were just awesome!!! Very very happy!

pvolcko

Make sure you aren't putting some right aileron into the stick while doing the flip. Very easy to do if you haven't adjusted up your stick tension at all.

If that isn't it. And swash is level. Make sure the FBL unit is squared up. If it is rotated at all relative to parallel with the major axis of the heli, it will pick up a small amount of unexpected rotation during a move like that and result in an unexpected "correction" that can result in ail on flips or ele on rolls.

Derek

My 500 has a flybar so that should simplify things. I'm not sure how to adjust the tension. I'll have to look into that.

I'm just happy to have my first couple of flips under my belt. I was out flying last night doing some aileron roll and flips. Just too much fun.

pvolcko

May be the gyro position then. If it isn't square it may feed in tail correction when it isn't expected/wanted.

Top Bottom