Dell 7000245-000 Supply X 2 Hookup

John Saunders

What is the correct way to do this ,to get 150 amps or do you all reccomrec a 150/180
Reasonable server supply I can mod myself?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I removed your email from the post above. This is a public forum and there are spam bots that crawl around the net looking for those emails and then your inbox gets destroyed by spam.

I did some searching on that PSU (now that I'm home and can do so) and from what I have found, the AC and DC are completely isolated from each other. Also, the fan will only run what it needs to run to keep cool. So no modding, other than pinning them out is required unlike the one that I have.

So at this time I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to run these in series or parallel the way they are after you find the pins to turn it on. If you want 24v, then you will not get the amperage you are looking for. But if you are only looking for 12v, then running them in parallel will give you what you requested.

John Saunders

I removed your email from the post above. This is a public forum and there are spam bots that crawl around the net looking for those emails and then your inbox gets destroyed by spam.

I did some searching on that PSU (now that I'm home and can do so) and from what I have found, the AC and DC are completely isolated from each other. Also, the fan will only run what it needs to run to keep cool. So no modding, other than pinning them out is required unlike the one that I have.

So at this time I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to run these in series or parallel the way they are after you find the pins to turn it on. If you want 24v, then you will not get the amperage you are looking for. But if you are only looking for 12v, then running them in parallel will give you what you requested.

John Saunders

I'm trying to get a hundred and fifty amps at 12 volts 12-2 whatever he goes up to yes can you send me a schematic or diagram to do so please?
Can a variable be put on them to adjust the voltage?

Tony

Staff member
For that kind of amperage, adjusting the power output would be quite expensive. I'm talking hundreds of dollars to handle that kind of current capacity. These are meant to be setup and used as is.

Here is a picture of the pinout. Connect the 3 red dots together, this will turn the PSU on and get it running.

Poweredge 6650 PS.jpg

Top Bottom