EDF Damaged mig 15 help

WillSr

I nose dived my mig in grass,but I smashed in the nose a little.Can it be repaired?Thanks for any help.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Post some pictures so we can see what the damage is. If it's foam it's probably repairable, but being able to see what's smashed up would help.

Bae Hawk

this may be a little late but boil water in a pot- remove from stove and soak damaged area in the hot water, about 15 minutes. This will expand the foam close to its original position and epoxy seam. I've done it on my Mig15. You may have to smooth out the foam with you fingers after it cools a bit. if you wanta go further with the repair after you can use lite weight spakle mixed with some durhams rock hard for strength, apply like bondo, let dry and sand.

Lee

As hawk said. Boiling water first to get the original shape as close as you can. Then you can use a number of methods to glue. If you have two pieces that go back together with a good fit, I use foam friendly contact adhesive. Squeeze some onto one piece then push them together for a few seconds to cover both parts, then take them apart, wait a minute or so and then stick them together. Super strong bond and lighter than using hot glue. If the parts don't match togther well, then hot glue is the foam builders best friend.

Bae Hawk

I found some pics when I repaired mine. First pic is after crash, 2nd is after boiling, 3rd is after smoothing and re-glued.
IMG_0811.jpgIMG_0819.jpgIMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

falcan

Place the noise in hot water to get out the damage watch the magic

- - - Updated - - -

TAMIYA COLOUR TS 96 FLUORESCENT ORANGE COLOUR MATCH

- - - Updated - - -

CLEAN UP WITH MED/ GRADE STEEL WOOL DON;T USE SAND PAPER WILL SCRATCH

falcan

Hi from perth wa we have a glue called sikabond techgrip polyurethane adhesive from Bunnings in AUSTRALIA

Top Bottom