General Cyclic pitch rates

bweber

Touching on Walt2014 thread a few down from this one for now. What would be a good cyclic roll rate? How do you measure this? Finally how are you able to adjust this? If someone has an answer maybe give high and low rates for Beginners to 3D'ers

Lee

Depending on your radio.
You need to find the menu for Dual Rates and Expo.
For a beginner you can start with 70% DR and 30% Expo
This will give you 70% of the maximum amour of travel, and the Expo will dampen down movements close to centre stick (for those with twitchy fingers) :)

The Sport/3D you leave DR at 100% and expo will be down to you and how you like it to feel. I have 0% expo on my helis.

cml001

If you are using a FBL gyro.. AR7200BX, iKon, etc.. There are presets that help as well.. Beginner, sport, 3d.. Start with the lowest setting(beginner) and work your way up to your liking in addition to the transmitter dual/expo. If your heli has a flybar.. Then the dual/expo is about all you've got to tame the heli. It'll be a matter of preference.. Lee's comment is spot on.. I personally have always keep my dual rates at 100%... I want full travel, but I still use expo.. Slowing the rate to which I reach full travel. Each bird is a bit different but I like between 10-20% cyclic & 5-10% for the tail.. As Lee said it helps with twitchy or over zealous inputs.

bweber

looking more for an angle then a percentage. like for 3D flight you want say 10 degrees of pitch on your swash plate hypothetically specking. I don't know what it should be, that is why im asking. so if i want 10 degrees and im getting 12 then you can dial it back with your dual rate and expo settings.

cml001

I run 13•collective & 9•cyclic on my 550 & 450... I'm no 3d guru, but it's works for me. What fbl gyro r u using?

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, to type the degree symbol (º), hold Alt and type 167 on your keypad. And it will put the degree symbol in.

murankar

Staff member
Swash mix or swash afr. Reduce the numbers for cyclic.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom