Quad Cut out after short flight. Mess!

Ziporan

XR 35 pro. Long time in cupboard. Had trouble arming. Changed to fixed ID and that worked. Got it airbourne and reduced throttle to about 1/2 and it cut out. So I checked it on the bench and it binds ok but no tweets form motors. What should I check before I transfer the inards to a new body? Any ideas much appreciated

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Ziporan and :welcome1:. If I was you I would check every soldered connection for a loose connection or check your battery for a bad cell and/or a bad battery. Just my :2c:

Ziporan

Thanks for the colourful welcome D.O.G. I will definitely do that. Absolutely no broken bones inside although the body really busted. Is there a way of checking out flight controllers and speed controllers, even a suspect unit against a good one. I have more of these quads which I have had for a while, condition of electronics unknown. Cheers

RandyDSok

The following applies to just about any electronics... it's also easier said than to do safely without risking the electronics in the process.

You would need to be able to monitor the temps of anything you stress test to avoid damage, sort of making just using a flight almost as good but risky when you are uncertain of their condition. Still, you want to get the electronics up to their higher operating temps that is recommended and then run them at that temp ( below the max temp... so I mean the higher operating temp which is lower than max ) and do it for an extended time. Because these also experience a lot of vibration, that also needs to be part of the testing.

The ESC should be easy to get to such temps just by having them under a constant load... I'm uncertain what would cause enough stress in a FC to do the same since you'd want to "work" all of the parts/functions of the FC.

Ziporan

The following applies to just about any electronics... it's also easier said than to do safely without risking the electronics in the process.

You would need to be able to monitor the temps of anything you stress test to avoid damage, sort of making just using a flight almost as good but risky when you are uncertain of their condition. Still, you want to get the electronics up to their higher operating temps that is recommended and then run them at that temp ( below the max temp... so I mean the higher operating temp which is lower than max ) and do it for an extended time. Because these also experience a lot of vibration, that also needs to be part of the testing.

The ESC should be easy to get to such temps just by having them under a constant load... I'm uncertain what would cause enough stress in a FC to do the same since you'd want to "work" all of the parts/functions of the FC.
Thanks again Big Job eh!

Top Bottom