Crossover Parameters Pioneer Deh-s6010bs

bigone5500

I don't want to create another login on another forum just to get an answer to this question but I need help understanding what the parameters on my crossover mean on this stereo. You can select either front, rear, or subwoofer then you have a single frequency to select and an additional parameter corresponding to that frequency which is from -6 to -24. How does the '-' number affect the frequency selected? Is it a loudness of that freq. or is it a virtual slider that would otherwise be on an old school EQ?

Hey! This is an 'RC' forum and I don't know how to control my 'radio'! ...*face palm*

Tony

Staff member
Do you have a link to your crossover? It would help. But from what you posted, it sounds like it is an attenuation knob. And those numbers are how many db it is reducing. But it could be something else, just need to see what you have.

murankar

Staff member
More than likely its a gain adjustment. Most external crossovers allow the user to adjust the gain of the output. If your sound does not sound "clean" at a given volume then you would reduce the gain to clean up the sound at that volume. Set the volume to your intended max level and adjust the gain till it sounds clean. A high gain could induce a vibration in the speaker. I think it comes from the coil area of the speaker, down near the magnet.

Tony

Staff member
I know that is a big word for you southern boys, just sound it out and you will be just fine :chuckles:

bigone5500

I went to a local audio shop and they have the 6000BS model, so I asked how that affects the sound...I didn't understand much he said after that as he started speaking mandarin.

Top Bottom