450 Crazy Vibrations with Dynam E razor 450?????

murankar

Staff member
Yep I agree as well, gonna take apart the head system. Just worried about those bolts. What appliance should I use to heat them to remove the forever tight? I don't want to get em stuck in there.
Thanks!
-James

Forever tight is a term used to for blue Chinese lock tight.

Kingfish3r1

Is this the loctite you guys were talking about?
IMG_7091.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_7090.JPGIMG_7089.JPG
Thats how my head setup looks right now, I was watching a little of Tony's complete flybar head setup tutorial and was able to do all of it except when he used the pitch gauge (mine is coming this week). Would you guys try hovering a heli at all without a full setup using a pitch gauge? Or should I wait it out until then?

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7090.JPG

IMG_7089.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Is this the loctite you guys were talking about?
View attachment 16228

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 16229View attachment 16230
Thats how my head setup looks right now, I was watching a little of Tony's complete flybar head setup tutorial and was able to do all of it except when he used the pitch gauge (mine is coming this week). Would you guys try hovering a heli at all without a full setup using a pitch gauge? Or should I wait it out until then?

I know that your tempted to try her out Kingfish but :nono:I wouldn't til it's set up perfectly. Of-course you can take a chance. If you crash then you have to wait all over again to get the parts to come in plus the time to get her fixed up.... once again! :sad2:

murankar

Staff member
It's best to wait. As for the liocj tight, yes that's the stuff you want.

Until you do the setup all your stuff is going to be wacked out. Tracking is going to be way off, your paddle will not be level and cause vibrations. Just wait.

KLA

I agree. Wait til you have it completely set up correctly. Just follow Tony's set up video and you should be ok. If you have any questions about the set up, just ask. We'll do our best to help you. That's why we are here.

Last edited:

Kingfish3r1

Hey Guys!
So I wasn't paying attention to the forum for a bit and not noticing everyone saying not to fly the copter just yet. And I agree, so Ill wait till the pitch gauge comes. But like I said I wasn't paying attention to the forum and decided to take the copter out for a hover. Today was super calm so it was almost irresistible. I brought to a large field not knowing what to expect. I brought this thing up (the sound of the motor spooling up is SCARY), but when I got the skids off the ground it was the most stable thing ever. My SR feels COMPLETELY different. Its like two different worlds almost. And I only brought the Dynam about a foot off the ground (thats all I had the courage to do lol). So now I can't wait for the pitch gauge to come haha

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Guys!
So I wasn't paying attention to the forum for a bit and not noticing everyone saying not to fly the copter just yet. And I agree, so Ill wait till the pitch gauge comes. But like I said I wasn't paying attention to the forum and decided to take the copter out for a hover. Today was super calm so it was almost irresistible. I brought to a large field not knowing what to expect. I brought this thing up (the sound of the motor spooling up is SCARY), but when I got the skids off the ground it was the most stable thing ever. My SR feels COMPLETELY different. Its like two different worlds almost. And I only brought the Dynam about a foot off the ground (thats all I had the courage to do lol). So now I can't wait for the pitch gauge to come haha

:facepalm: And you walk away Lol:coffee:

trainrider06

Well glad it turned out ok for ya James, even though a stern warning from the heli Gods is in order.....:blahblah::nono::soapbox::no: We all do things in the beginning that we might not aught do. Shoot one time I powered up a heli on the bench and had the dang idol 1 switch on and no TH on, running a flat 80 percent throttle curve....that was exciting! LOL Luckily it was a smaller heli and I caught the thing by the skids before it pounded itself into the ceiling of the garage. You'll do dumb things like the rest of us have, the thing is to be as safe as possible and a way to minimize any ooops events from happening is getting one set up right and looked over good sure makes the odds in our favor a little more of having fun and not getting hurt or hurting someone.....so now that all that is out of the way.......were ya shaking after that little hover? Yeah the 450 sounds waaaay more powerful (and is) than the SR.... seems so big too huh?

KLA

Yelp, like Rodney said, we all do things that we shouldn't. Hell, just a few weeks ago, my 450 pro was flying so nice that I decided to show my wife how nice it was and hover it in my kitchen. Well, as everyone here already knows, it didn't work out so good. Clipped a chair with a blade and ended up costing me over $75 to fix it.

Just remember, that 450 is not a toy! With those blades spinning at 3000 rpm, if it hits you or somebody else, it's gonna hurt!!!!! So, just be careful with that, and basically all helis.

murankar

Staff member
Dude I have done some stupid stuff in the past with helis. I did some test spool ups in a tight area and the grips pop off while it was spinning. Scary as heck, oh that happened twice on me. As if once wasn't enough to teach me a lesson. On another occasion I was playing around with a radio that need to be programmed on the PC. I had everything plugged up to dial in the radio and heli. I accidentally reversed the throttle channel and yes I had throttle hold on. The issue is that once I reversed the channel throttle hold was now max throttle. It screamed to the ceiling just mere inches from my face. So yeah I have done stupid stuff that I am not proud of.

Yours is trivial to say the least. If you were outside and at a decent distance from the heli the worst would have been a crash. Yes there is some chance it could have hit you. In those cases just chop the throttle and drive it in. Its better to rekit than get staples in your body.

KLA

Staples, some stitches, maybe a couple metal plates and bolts, some skin grafts, plastic surgery......LOL! In all seriousness, just be very careful with it. And when you go to the field that you fly at, if there are a bunch of people there you would be better off not flying. First of all you are just learning CP helis and people in general are all to curious and will start asking questions and it will do nothing but distract you when you need to be concentrating.

Stambo

Staples, some stitches, maybe a couple metal plates and bolts, some skin grafts, plastic surgery......LOL! In all seriousness, just be very careful with it. And when you go to the field that you fly at, if there are a bunch of people there you would be better off not flying. First of all you are just learning CP helis and people in general are all to curious and will start asking questions and it will do nothing but distract you when you need to be concentrating.

Totally agree with this, we all do stupid things on the odd occasion, some get away with it and others don't.
Heck somewhere on this forum there is video of me hovering a 450 heli in my lounge.
Stupid as all hell and I for sure would not do it now.
Back then I just did not know any better.
I have since seen what the blades of even a 450 heli can do and have a whole lot more respect for them.

Kingfish3r1

Lmao thats some true stuff you guys talking about. I'm glad I'm sorta afraid of the 450, because I give it more respect and am more cautious. I saw a number of youtube videos with major injuries inflicted on people. When I got it off the ground 2 days ago it was very stable, quite relieving. But the sound... its quite intimidating. Luckily the field was almost empty at the time was flying, just two soccer players practicing on the other side.

I too, when setting up my SR, reversed the throttle by mistake. That HORRIFIED me. It was really brief, but at the time the SR seemed just as scary the 450 seemed now and I was stunned by that happening so fast. Luckily it didn't have enough time to go up and smash the ceiling.

Well thats all for tonight folks, catch you guys tomorrow (well actually today)
:goodnight:

Top Bottom