Quad Crashed The Crap Out Of My Quad... Again...

Tony

Staff member
And this time I got it on video...

I have no idea why the video is so washed out, it was not like this in my goggles.

This was a bone head move on my part. I have no idea why I was that low over that fence. I was not trying to split them or anything, I was just trying to run out 2:00 worth of battery. But somehow I nailed that T Post.

Damage: Shattered the right front prop. Dented the motor can. Dented the arm. Lost the mobius mount. VTX went flying. Broke a lobe on my Aomway antenna.

It still flies even with the broke lobe and the dented can. I'm waiting for the magnet to let go in that motor then I will upgrade them. Until then though, I'm going to keep flying it like I stole it...

Crashed The Crap Out Of My 250 Quad - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Quad with motors, esc, frame, cc3d or naze32, about $90. VTX about $35, VRX about $60, Antennas about $20, Goggles anywhere from $60 to over $500.

trainrider06

I think the fence mysteriously grew! Did not see that one coming, looked like you had plenty of air to get over it.

Tony

Staff member
Once I saw it (much better than the video showed), I punched crap out of it to try and get it up and out of the way. I was too late. lol.

I just went outside to try and find the rest of the pieces from the crash. The quad was found about 30' SW of the pole. The VTX was about 20' SW of the pole. I found one of the rubber dampers for the Mobius mount about 8' due west of the poll and half a prop about 4' due west of the pole (My house faces south and I was flying [or trying to fly] west). I found the other part of the prop due east of the pole about 5' and I found the Mobius mount about 10' due east of the poll.

I can't believe I found everything and I really can't believe the pieces were so far away from each other. And how two of the pieces were ricochet backwards is beyond me.

Tony

Staff member
And the weirdest thing... I left the recording going while I was picking up the pieces. When the video came back (about 5 seconds after the end of the video, I think it cuts out all of the blank video) everything was in slow motion. About 15 FPS vs the 30 FPS it normally is. I have absolutely no idea how it did that or why. But, I'm about to order another video capture card so that I can get that huge thing off of my base station. Need room for a large monitor lmao.

Tasajara

Hey I crashed mine at 65mph LOL I found out that the frame can handle a good crash. I bet it tumbled 20 feet.
I have a Krieger 200. I did get a good pass on the radar and hit 75mph.
All I did was break props in the crash, and had to hunt for the battery.

Here is the video of my maiden and crash....

[video=youtube_share;hlZcXBhipnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cWlhEEfMoM[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom