FBL Gyro Couple of question about the Ikon

Sparse

So I was finally able to sit down today and start the ikon setup. With this I am using a Dx7, here are the questions I need help with.

1) My bank setup by default is on the aux channel, which I am okay with. " however " If I have both banks setup on my dx7 ( its only a two position switch ) I assume I will always be flying in one of those banks. If that's the case what happens to my idle up/ flight mode switch is it still active or disabled at that point ? I am asking because my gyro is set to gear and Tied into the flight mode switch.

2) that being my setup in the above, If I only used one bank for self level. and my gyro being on my flight mode switch. would i still have control of the tail if said switch ever needed to be activated ?

If my setup needs to be changed please let me know, I hear alot of people talking about mixing the switches and stuff. To me that's Chinese, Do to the fact I am still fairly new at the helicopter thing and the ikon. so if the setup has to be changed could one of you guys take me though the mixing part in the tx cause I do not know how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Slobberdog

No that sounds fine to me, if when your in the tx screen you will be able to see the aux switch changing your banks,

You will have one bank for normal flying then your second bank with the same flying set up as the first but with self level checked,

I only use mixing so I get the self level activation to the closest switch I can get to,

pvolcko

Flight mode (and in your case gear as well for gyro setting) is independent of the bank switch. Personally I would recommend putting gyro/gear on a separate switch from flight mode (and from bank select), but that's personal preference I suppose.

If you want all three banks accessible, there should be at least one three position switch on that Tx. You can assign it to the aux channel and be able to use all three that way. If it isn't in a good spot for easy access in flight, though, then you may be better off using one of the two position switches.

Top Bottom