450 Could anyone tell for me, what kind of servos they are ?

Hungomez

I just bought a goblin 380, new newer been used. Tail has mks 9780, but the seller couldn't remember for the cycle servos. Not a big deal, still worth the money, but I don't want to use a crap. I only had today, 4min "maiden flight, no issues at all. Weather was very bad.
Thanks ...

IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG

Hungomez

They look like the KST215mg servos I have on my X3 and 450.
Yes. Look like:) but KST has a name on it and model number etc. I think it's a cheap fake. During the setup, one of them was a very noise and warm. Some times I tried to help for it to find a fix position, but doesn't staying long. I think better to get something else, Because after one crash I will pay more for the repair.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Then If they are getting warm then they might be the Hobbyking version of the KST. If I remember right.

Tony

Staff member
I will agree, HobbyKing had or has these servos without any lettering or anything. The ALZRC servos that I have on the goblin are kst clones, but they changed the case color and put their own lettering on them.

vyrnguy

could be a turnigy, could be a kst, just make sure your freq is set correctly for them also check for binding on high and low pitch. and set the voltage to low, you may have that set on high. A lot of smack or high performance pilots set them usually on high voltage for high performance.

Smoggie

KST's have 'KST' anodised onto the top of the case and the servo model name along with 'KST' anodised on the red part of the case on the side. So they aren't actual KST branded servos, but the case looks identical except for the marking so they may be either an re-brand or a clone.. hard to say which.

Hungomez

Ok. Thanks. I was thinking about same, like everyone. I use Align servos only, so I don't know any other brands , and how it's Pricewise. When last time I checked the full size servos ,align gives a great price and very good on Spec as well.
I bought the heli unfinished, from a person who probably can't fly on it. Tail has a very high end servo , what is so expensive. If anyone spending that much money on the tail, I really don't understand why they saving that much on the cycle.
I have look around what's the prices on the other brands, and what's worth the money.
Any idea?

Smoggie

Genuine KST are very good servos, the DS215MG are fine, lots of people use them. If you want higher torque and the latest 'hall-effect' (no pot) design the new KST MS325 is the ticket...

I'd take KST over any of the older Align servos, though the latest Align servos are very good too.

Top Bottom