450 Copterx450ae Flybarless Build

Peter Malin

Hi I am a newbie to radio control models building the above and have got to the electronics stage . I have a walkera devo7e transmitter and originally purchased an rx701 receiver. I have the copterx cx-3x2000 gyro and have downloaded the software to programme the gyro . As the rx701 is a pwm receiver my understanding is that it will not work with the gyro so I purchased a walkera rx-sbus receiver . I have connected the various parts to my computer with the relevent cable from copterx. I believe my receiver is binding to the transmitter and I can connect the gyro to the computer software but as i progress through the setup I come to the point where I should see movement on the computer screen when I move the sticks, however I get nothing and do not know where my problem is . I don't know whether it is a faulty part or whether my receiver will not talk to the gyro. Can anyone offer help please?

Admiral

Hi Peter, firstly welcome to the forum.

I am a bit confused here I have used a Devo7 and a CopterX 3x2000 both both many years ago and I don't believe that the 3x-2000 that I used was compatible with S-Bus and I am attaching a photo from the eHirobo website of how to connect an Rx801 to the 3x2000. Is your 3x-2000 gyro the same as the one in the picture or do you have a later version ?

CX-3X2000_03-750x750_0_12508.jpg

I had a lot of success with the earlier CopterX 3x-1000 but not much with the later version, I also had little success with the PC software and ended up buying a program box which worked very well.

Peter Malin

Hi Keith thanks for your reply. The picture is most helpful. My gyro is the same as the one in the picture . I had my programme box come today so that should be a help. With the devo 7e should it work straight from the box or does it need setting up?

Top Bottom