Copter X 450 SE V2 Outdoor Flight

Tony

Staff member
Some really nice flying!

BTW, until you get to 10 posts, your posts with links or videos will be moderated. This is just an antispam measure. Keep the videos coming!

Thank you.
Weathers clearing up tonight so maybe tomorrow I'll make a new vid. Just purchased the Mobius action cam and can't wait to record with it. It's a really good camera for the price.

Tony

Staff member
take it up about 50' or so (15-20 meters) and do it up there. If something happens, tail kicks out, you give aileron input or something, you have quite a while to recover. Just remember to go to 0º of pitch to correct. That way it won't drive it's self into the ground.

Thank you sir

- - - Updated - - -

Weather forecast here says 3 meter/sec wind tomorrow, good for flying, as it was 4 today.
Will take our advise Tony and try that.

Either it works or I crash, lol.

Derek

Very nice flight, Amir! Well done! I really like the blue canopy and the blue rotor head...then that song on top of it all. It's a good song. Nice job buddy!!!

Thank you sir. You're very kind

- - - Updated - - -

Don't push it, you'll know when its time. When your flying and it seems easier then normal is usually the best time for me to push it.
good Luck!

I know, but I can't help myself. People on other forums that I've read are saying that training on sim is crucial before 3D or flying for that matter, but I've never liked the sim (phoenix). What do you think?

murankar

Staff member
Do what make you feel comfortable. IF simming is not your thing then get a 130X T-Rex 130 or similar. Throw that around and crash all you want, repairs are way cheaper. Then once you feel confident in your maneuvers on a micro move them on to the 450.

Ken Jackson

Amir,

I agree with Mathias about getting something capable of 3D that isn't as expensive to repair. That and some time on the sim is good. The sim is not the same but you can teach yourself stick movements that turn into muscle memory. When your flying that memory will enhance your flying a ton. I couldn't get depth perception on Phoenix sim at first but I used the balloon burst competition training. That's where you can get a better feel of the simulator. It's hard at first but you will gain some skills.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

And I love my 130x its a lot of fun. And I can do the same 3D on it that I do with my 500.

Amir,

I agree with Mathias about getting something capable of 3D that isn't as expensive to repair. That and some time on the sim is good. The sim is not the same but you can teach yourself stick movements that turn into muscle memory. When your flying that memory will enhance your flying a ton. I couldn't get depth perception on Phoenix sim at first but I used the balloon burst competition training. That's where you can get a better feel of the simulator. It's hard at first but you will gain some skills.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

And I love my 130x its a lot of fun. And I can do the same 3D on it that I do with my 500.

Ken.
I just purchased a WLToys V922.
Saw the prices on the 130X, unfortunately a little bit high, as I'm only going to use it to learn 3D.
Read on Helifreak that people are quite happy with the V922 and parts are dirt cheap.

Will make a vid on it when received and share some thoughts.

murankar

Staff member
The 130x is great for just learning. It makes a great indoor bad weather heli. Then look at a nano or mcpx v2.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
T be honest I know nothing about that bird.

Here are some basic questions that you should answer prior to buying.
Can you get replacement parts?
Can you get local support?
Will it bind to my TX?
Whats it going to cost me to fix?

You will always have support to some extent with us here.

T be honest I know nothing about that bird.

Here are some basic questions that you should answer prior to buying.
Can you get replacement parts?
Can you get local support?
Will it bind to my TX?
Whats it going to cost me to fix?

You will always have support to some extent with us here.

Questions:
1) Yes, replacements parts are really cheap, order some with purchase.
2) Local support? Here in Sweden that's a joke, even the local hobby shops don't know how to fix things. I went in with my KDS 450 QS, that was my first bird, and I had mixed up the settings. Went to 4 LHS, every single one of them took 15 bucks just to look at it, and they couldn't fix it. One of wanted to send it to Hongkong, lol. So no, no support here, just you fine people.
3) Comes in RTF with TX.
4) Total crash = about 20 bucks, highest.

Ken Jackson

Thanks for info. But what about WLToys V922. Costs just 79$ rtf.
That's a learning heli too.

Amir,

I'm sure you will learn a lot from the V922. It has what your looking for, hopefully it holds up like my 911 did. I gained a lot of experience from a V911. was even cheaper then your 922. But it was very durable. Up until I had that helicopter everything else just seemed like Hover 101, LOL. Anyway it was the first bird that I actually felt like I was flying it around and not just avoiding crashing. The way you fly your 450 I think you just need hours of time and when you feel comfortable you will push it. Just be up really high. first time I went inverted I was 50 feet up but panicked and I mentally blanked out. have no ideal what I did but the helicopter slammed into the ground still inverted. Blew the shaft and main gear up right out the bottom of the frame. It was ugly. So I started recording 85% of my flights so I could see what happened under pressure. Learned to be more smooth that way. Of course I'm known for fast forward flight but hey I'm not going to compete I fly for me.

Ken

Enjoy your V922, fly as many birds as you can because no 2 are alike.

Yes the 130x is expensive but it is a great small heli. I had the MCPx V2 but it has a separate motor for the tail so it jumps out more. the 130x is a direct drive shaft. You might like the Nano. I just got to the point were I don't fly inside much anymore. You have to hold back and when you do crash I have found furniture is much harder on helis then say just the ground.

Ken

Top Bottom