Convinced to try again Thanks

treff

You guys have convinced me to try again. Thanks for all the encouragement. I think this is one of those hobbies that drive you nuts LOL. Anyway if you would take a look at the vid. Lots of vibration but from what I do not know. The main shaft is true. The feathering shaft is okay. The tracking is okay and the belt is not to tight. I do not know where to look now or what spares to buy to make any changes. Anyway thanks again for all the mails. I climb back on the horse LOL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevwaters/8957779539/
Thanks again

Last edited:

Lee

Treff, video link doesn't work. Just goes to yahoo sign in page. Glad you changed you mind. Lets get you on the right path to success.

treff

Cheers lads. I hope the video I put up works now. I have found one problem. The bearing on the tail slider worn out. Where is the best place to buy a new unit. I brought an Align one but unfortunately does not fit. Helicopter is HK450gt pro2 belt driven. Thanks.

DAL2855

Banned
I did have one until one day last week when the entire tail box exploded literally in flight on me and broke the belt on me! The tail box was one of the plastic ones and broke in half right where the sleeve goes down over the tail boom!

Slobberdog

hi treff post up a pic so we can see what one was fitted, finding one after that should be easy.

Graham Lawrie

Cheers lads. I hope the video I put up works now. I have found one problem. The bearing on the tail slider worn out. Where is the best place to buy a new unit. I brought an Align one but unfortunately does not fit. Helicopter is HK450gt pro2 belt driven. Thanks.
Hi Treff, awesome you are staying:) If you are struggling for spares I could send you a 450 I bought off Slobberdog (Kev)? For free:)

Last edited:

treff

Thanks for the offer Graham it's very kind of you but I am dedicated to getting this beastie flying properly LOL. I have just fitted a new slider to the tail but having trouble with the tail blade grip bearings. Hk parts, the bearing on the HK slider as already worn to become so sloppy it is binding. Oh well I'll push on and see what gives. Thanks again. Strangely, the last 3 flights I have had, even though the heli is almost vibrating itself around, I have enjoyed. Cheers

Westy

LEGEND
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

glad you are staying! just a suggestion .....

I have just done a heap of work on a guys 450PRO GT (HK) ... and I have seen the weak spots in them.

I had it hovering .... just setting it up and the tail starting spinning out for now reason .... smacked into the hard tarmac and blew the main blades. The Transmission gear has stripped on the spline thus not driving the belt = no tail authority.

Here are the upgrades on it I did to get it humming.
1. Changed the main gear assembly for an Align 450 one. (old one was wobbling all over the place)
2. Changed the tail hub. slider and bell crank for new alloy ones (bell crank Align all the rest = HK alloy Pro upgrade stuff)
3. New Transmission = could not upgrade to the align belt drive one as the frame on the pro and the design is just enough different to not allow it to fit!

Do check out the transmission as it caused big problems with me!
Oh... and I threw out the rubbish Gyro that came with it and put on a decent one. 450's are very twitchy due to the tiny tail rotor blade size and lack of authority on it unless all things are in great condition. Low head speed at take off can also cause bobbing and other issues too.

IF you need a hand with part numbers required .... I have my order list here I can get for you!

Glad you are sticking with this Totally AWESOME HOBBY! - (he says with passion!)
Cheers

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
I really hope I get to start enjoying this hobby once I get the Align bird next week! Great to hear Treff! Glad you're sticking with it!

Tony

Staff member
Westy, why did you use such a big font?

Treff, we are all here to help. As I stated in your other thread, I have given up and almost sold the forum. You just have to stick with it. Take a break, put the heli in the closet for a week or so and give yourself time to think about it. When you get it back out, you will be looking at it with fresh eyes.

As for the video, people have to have a flikr account to see it. And unfortunately I don't.

treff

Thanks to all again. Very nice people on this very nice site and I think that's rare and somewhat overwhelming in todays world. Thanks Westy for all the info. What you have picked is all the things I have changed so far . I changed the slider yesterday but have not tested it yet. I also found a seized bearing in one of the tail grips so I am looking for parts LOL. The brass insert on the old tail slider was completely worn out after only a few flights. I will probably end up getting a new metal tail assembly in the end. The transmission as you say can not be changed and I think that is where my problem lies. There's a lot of movement there. I think I have fixed or changed the things that can be fixed on this heli. If there is still vibration then so be it. I will fly the thing until it drops LOL I am learning on every flight and every strip down and I really am beginning to enjoy. Cheers

DAL2855

Banned
Good deal Treff! I know I really enjoy working on these 450 heli's! Just have not been able to fly much since getting into this hobby and I've finally pulled the trigger and purchased an Align 450 DFC Pro from a good friend of mine in this forum! He also had enough spare parts along with a couple of parts that I have, to be able to build a second helicopter! Man I can't wait to get this stuff from him. I will also have everything to fix my current HK450GT bird! So then I will have 3 flying 450 heli's! So hopefully, I will be getting some birds into the air soon!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Treff,

This is the Transmission I put in the heli I fixed

HK450GTPRO Tail Boom Holder Assembly set (Belt Version)

Glad you are back into the fold!

TOny - Not sure why I was spouting on in massive txt ... must have clicked a button.... was wondering why it was easy to read :)
Thanks to all again. Very nice people on this very nice site and I think that's rare and somewhat overwhelming in todays world. Thanks Westy for all the info. What you have picked is all the things I have changed so far . I changed the slider yesterday but have not tested it yet. I also found a seized bearing in one of the tail grips so I am looking for parts LOL. The brass insert on the old tail slider was completely worn out after only a few flights. I will probably end up getting a new metal tail assembly in the end. The transmission as you say can not be changed and I think that is where my problem lies. There's a lot of movement there. I think I have fixed or changed the things that can be fixed on this heli. If there is still vibration then so be it. I will fly the thing until it drops LOL I am learning on every flight and every strip down and I really am beginning to enjoy. Cheers

Top Bottom