FBL Gyro Considering changing my 3GX to XYZ

Tony

Staff member
I can assure you, after you do the VERY SIMPLE setup that I have outlined in the AR7200BX video, it will be quite stable. I think it's the same setup anyway, less the SL.

Keep us posted!

Danie Dup

Hi Guys.

As you know I have been having some tail issues with my 500 and 3gx. The tail hold quite well, but has a quick wag (albeit small) and it has been bugging me endlessly. I never bothered to check setup as I mentioned before that it was set up at a hobby shop.
Anyway I though I will take the gyro out of Heading hold to check the mechanical setup. The heli wanted to spin as it got light on its skids. I took it back to the Hobby shop and told them I was not happy with the tail setup and explained. I was told by them not to take it out of heading hold and that they do not set heli's up like that anymore as no one flies in rate mode anymore, and this was old school before the new generation gyro's.

My question is if this was a valid response from them, or should I do the tail setup in rate mode myself and then change over to HH mode. I would still consider this method on the 500, but I am not prepared to take my 500 out of hh mode as it is still a bit intimidating to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys.

As you know I have been having some tail issues with my 500 and 3gx. The tail hold quite well, but has a quick wag (albeit small) and it has been bugging me endlessly. I never bothered to check setup as I mentioned before that it was set up at a hobby shop.
Anyway I though I will take the gyro out of Heading hold to check the mechanical setup. The heli wanted to spin as it got light on its skids. I took it back to the Hobby shop and told them I was not happy with the tail setup and explained. I was told by them not to take it out of heading hold and that they do not set heli's up like that anymore as no one flies in rate mode anymore, and this was old school before the new generation gyro's.

My question is if this was a valid response from them, or should I do the tail setup in rate mode myself and then change over to HH mode. I would still consider this method on the 500, but I am not prepared to take my 500 out of hh mode as it is still a bit intimidating to me.

Sorry, I meant that I was not prepared to take my "550" out of HH mode.

Tony

Staff member
They are correct, it is an old school way of doing it however I like doing it that way because it lets the gyro work less. Saying that though, the new gyros are still pretty good at holding a tail if the settings are off just a bit.

If you have a fast wag, go into your gyro menu and lower the gain about 2% at a time and see if it gets better.

Danie Dup

Thanks Tony

Reducing the gains on the radio didn't help much. Suppose it is just another unexplained issue I can blame on my "beautiful" 3GX.

I have not yet tried earlier versions of the software as you suggested, and may just end up changing the 3gx on my 500 to a microbeast as well. Just waiting to see how well it performs on my 550 when I finally get it back with the new BeastX. I still need to work out a clever plan of how to get past my wife.

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
In my opinion do not go with the ZYX i had the ZYX when i first started this hobby and all it is, is chinese junk I should have taken the money i used to buy the ZYX and flushed it down the toilet, my money would have been better spent.

Top Bottom