General Computer connector?

concodd

Just about to do some set up on my racing drone and noticed the the connector i have for my lap top will not fit into the drone. I guess a special connector is needed. Please can you give me a name or type of connector is needed and can they be purchased at any computer store or only hobby stores..Cheers

concodd

Just about to do some set up on my racing drone and noticed the the connector i have for my lap top will not fit into the drone. I guess a special connector is needed. Please can you give me a name or type of connector is needed and can they be purchased at any computer store or only hobby stores..Cheers
Just noticed that my Phantom 3 cable fits. Is it ok to use this cable????

RandyDSok

You should probably post a picture of the connector since it's possible that racing drones don't all have the same type...

I'd suspect it's a micro USB and if so a data type micro USB cable would work but you didn't provide any details to make even an educated guess

Tony

Staff member
Yea, we need to know what kind of ends the connector uses. Standard USB is common on computers, but some computers that are coming out now only have USB type C. And on flight controllers, the two most common are mini USB and micro USB. As Randy stated, a picture will help us out a lot. But if you say you found a cable, as long as it is a data cable (they make data and charging only cables as Randy mentioned above) then you should be good to go. A cable is just a cable so if it fits, go for it.

Top Bottom