Projects Completed my RCH Trainer

Derek

I downloaded the plans for this plan about two weeks ago and finally got the plane 99.5% completed this morning. The other ".5%" is just because I don't have a prop for this plane. I made a few "rookie mistakes" in the build process but I believe them to be minor. This plane is meant for my wife and she will add some colored packing tape later on so that the plane matches what she wants.

here's some video:

Thanks Tony for the plans for this. I just hope that we can get it to fly well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

Yeah...I think she'll do well. She does practice a bit on the sim. Now...landing the Trainer...I promise nothing, lol.

wolfman76

good job derek now i need to get my lady to fly one of my planes maybe get her to fly my extra 330 foamie i built awhile back but have to wait till this summer seeing as she does not do well in cold weather she gets sick easy...maybe i get her hooked that way so she won't complain so much when i want to go fly she just go with....

Tony

Staff member
Landing is easy. Just make sure it's slightly nose heavy with a little up elevator to keep it flying straight when you are flying, and just lower the throttle and let go of the right stick. The plane will start to decend. When it picks up too much speed, it will start to nose up thanks to teh elevator. At that time it will lose speed again nad start coming down. It will take you a while to get the CoG right where you want it, but that is what a foam plane is for.

If you need any help on this, you know where to find me. Just remember, a little nose heavy, and a slight bit of up elevator and you will do great. Or should I say, she will do great.

Derek

Thanks alot guys! I had some fun putting this plane together.

...and yeah..."piggybacking" on top of my big plane would be pretty cool!!!

Derek

Thanks for your comments everyone! We are looking forward to getting this plane maidened. She'll be putting some time in on the sim and when we get some weather above 40 degrees or so, we'll maiden it.

BOKI

Hey that was a really nice video & looks like a fun build also! Can't wait to see it fly also! Maybe I'll build one also someday soon! The Best & Safe flying! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
Boki, it's a pretty easy build and a great plane to fly. This is something that you can keep in the trunk of your car and just toss in the air when you feel like it.

BOKI

Seriously thinking about doing that Tony! I'm retired & limited funds but I'll get the money somehow for Rc comes First! :lol:

Tony

Staff member
That is the great thing about this plane. 3 sheets of foam board ($3.00), you can do it with 3 servos (about $9.00), Motor (about $12.00), ESC (about $12.00), prop (about $1.00) and I"m sure you have a Rx laying around as well as a 2200mah battery. So it would be about $40 to completely build this plane. If you crash, it would only be $3.00 to rebuild it. Best way there is to get into flying planes.

Derek

In addition to the hot glue to hold it all together, I did wrap the plane with clear packing tape. I like using the packing tape to help waterproof and add strength. My wife and I will add some colored packing tape when she makes up her mind what she wants to see....it will just add some color instead of all white. Maybe we'll add lights later on. I may just have to make another one and add lights.

Tony

Staff member
I kinda wish I would have used packing tape on mine. Would have been a LOT lighter.

BOKI

I have the time I'll just have to figure out where to get the parts! There is one Hobby shop the guy is into all planes & cheap Helicopters! He might be able to set me up with the parts or buy them online somewhere! I'll look into it ! Do you have any online shops you deal with! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Derek

I deal alot with Hobby King USA and Grayson Hobby. The HK warehouse is in Washington and Grayson is in Georgia. Grayson Hobby has Motor/ESC combos that are reasonably priced. They also have a 5 pack of MG servos that don't cost much...I think it was $35 and their shipping time is real fast. I like them alot. Very friendly people. I get my colored packing tape from TapeBrothers.com and fastpack.com.

Good luck!!!

Tony

Staff member
All of hte parts on this plane of mine are from Hobbypartz.com. I'm using a 450 size airplane motor but you can go down to a 400 size. cheap 9g servos, ESC to match the motor and a 2200mah 3s battery with a C rating to match the motor. You will want at least a 60-70g motor pushing about 300w or so. and spin a 10x6 prop.

Tony

Staff member
That is the great thing about this plane. 3 sheets of foam board ($3.00), you can do it with 3 servos (about $9.00), Motor (about $12.00), ESC (about $12.00), prop (about $1.00) and I"m sure you have a Rx laying around as well as a 2200mah battery. So it would be about $40 to completely build this plane. If you crash, it would only be $3.00 to rebuild it. Best way there is to get into flying planes.

Have to copy that down & see what it all will cost! Thanks Again! :twothumbsup:

I have already posted what it costs. Or there abouts.

Top Bottom