Completed my 1000 Watt Power Supply, Thanks Tony for a Fantastic Help Vid!

mjholbrook

I did the Ground Mod as directed, no issues, all checked out. I did the pin a little differently. I carefully bent all pins together and soldiered with silver .030 then place hot glue on top for a clean look. Fan works flawlessly, very quiet until massive amps are needed, then it kicks into high gear. See all pics below. Several show various stages and the progression to the final product. I use a Thundertiger Charger in the shop and a Lab8 with power board at the field.
IMG_0769.JPGIMG_0771.JPGIMG_0773.JPGIMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

Tony

Staff member
You did a fantastic job on that PSU setup! I as well ended up just bending the pins over and soldering them together for a much cleaner look. But left the servo plug in there for those that don't feel comfortable with bending and soldering.

One thing I would do, if you have not already, is add some solder to the other side of the bullet connectors so you have better contact. I don't see you having an issue as it is now, but just trying to be safe.

mjholbrook

Thank you, I did soldier both sides after reading a post from you to another member. Then I placed the shrink tubing over the finished work. Again, thanks for everything!

byee

I did the Ground Mod as directed, no issues, all checked out. I did the pin a little differently. I carefully bent all pins together and soldiered with silver .030 then place hot glue on top for a clean look. Fan works flawlessly, very quiet until massive amps are needed, then it kicks into high gear. See all pics below. Several show various stages and the progression to the final product. I use a Thundertiger Charger in the shop and a Lab8 with power board at the field.
View attachment 14677View attachment 14678View attachment 14681View attachment 14680

Which power supplies are you using with your ground mod?

What's the final voltage and current output?

Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure he is using the same psu's that gaba and I did. Below is a link and in there you will find the video article that I did as well as a picture article that gaba did. And these are about 25vDC when wired in series. And the ground mod doesn't change output voltage so it will be the same as the stock PSU.

ChevyDawg

I found another hp power supply model #405914-001 will two of these work? and I have also found a dps-pb600b b are there key differences between these or will they all work as long as I have two of the same model# or can someone send me info on where they got there dps-pb600's at?

Top Bottom