Coffee Filter Gadget

bigone5500

I can't post in the blog with pictures but wanted to share this with @Tony. I acquired this from a previous tenant and absolutely love this thing. I no longer have to fiddle with trying to separate the filters with my fingers. You simply pop the top and pick out a single filter. Simple. Highly recommended for coffee connoisseurs. It's a Mr. Coffee branded dispenser.

20190427_200430.jpg 20190427_200458.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Interesting. And I will look into the image posting issue in the blogs. Not today though, too tired.

bigone5500

It's actually when I want to comment. Probably just the way the blog is setup. Not really meant for posting an image.

Tony

Staff member
You can leave images in comments, you just have to do it the old fashioned way. Now days, we just click Upload A File and upload it directly from our phone or computer. Back in the day, you had to upload to somewhere like photobucket or something (who suck BTW, don't host pictures with them, ever!) and then use the URL to the image and then wrap IMG code around the URL. It was good times.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, but then you have to take it all the way over to the sink, turn water on, stand there and get your hands wet... Ain't nobody got time for dat!!!! :chuckles:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You ladies and gentlemen are to high tech for me. I'll stick to my finger pull LMAO!

murankar

Staff member
I use a basket too. So much better than those paper filters.

Now if I can find a jar of Brew Rite coffee machine cleaner. Wal-Mart used to carry it now I can't find it local.

Tony

Staff member
If your wire mesh filter is clogging up, then your coffee grounds have fines in them which is clogging the small pores of the filter. Because I grind my own coffee, I get these which is why I can't use that kind of filter.

murankar

Staff member
Brew Rite descales and cleans out the oils that build up in the coffee maker. It really makes a difference in flavor. I know for you its different because of your water filters that none of us have.

Tony

Staff member
I still have to clean it out every now and then even though I'm only putting 7 TDS filtered water into the pot. After about a year, you start to get a little bit of a slime coat lol. Best way I can describe it, and it's only in the water holding chamber. Nothing grows in the hot part of the pot, obviously lol.

But as to my previous post, I was referring to the brass mesh grounds filter to replace the paper.

bigone5500

I now have more paper filters. I made a perfect pot of coffee this morning. No grains were harmed in the making.

Top Bottom