FBL Gyro Clone gyros what is what with the clones

holtneil

Hi guys this thread is for Clone Gyros
What is good ?
What is bad?
How easy to set up?
How well do they fly ?
Where to get them from?
Ok I will start KBAR the clone of the VBAR, its a really nice gyro and set up is easy, Please DONT update the firmware it will brick it , they will come with the latest firmware and use the VBAR software for the PC to set up
It flys super stable had this on 450 and 500 class ,my mate has this on a 700 class , it works with spektrum and futaba sat receiver so no need for the main receiver , they even do a mini and the new PRO , they are cheap but fly like the best , E bay is one of the best places to get them , they dont come with software but cam be down loaded here is the link for the safe non dial home software and drivers , works on windows 8
software
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...setup5.3.4.exe
Drivers
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ert_driver.zip

Admiral

Hi Neil, you like to open a can of worms don't you!
I'll list the ones I've tried

CopterX CX1000 don't think its a Clone of anything difficult setup unless you get the programming box Works great I have three they have never missed a beat, sports flying.
CopterX CX2000 Never got it to work properly must have been faulty.
Turnigy 3D-H BeastX clone easy to setup worked OK
KBAR VBar clone easy to setup, worked extremely well.

AR7200BX Non Clone Easy to setup, works well.
3GX Non Clone Works, but recommend you leave it in the box. Just when you think you have it licked you will have an unexplained event that costs you money.

Last edited:

holtneil

Hi Admiral I used the CX2000 its still on my 450 jet ranger , this gyro is part of a bunch they are all made at the same factory just have different names on them , copterx, roban, there is 5 of them I cant remember them all , they all work well can be a little strange to fine tune , the CX2000 has pots these are independent from the rest of the gyro set up , so adjust these if your having gain problems, then adjust the other gains in the software after and this will then fly really nice but hand on heart still not as good as the Kbar

Top Bottom