Clone Flight, Lee, need your opinion!

Tony

Staff member
So today I got the mainshaft that DAL sent me and I installed it. The vibration is there still so I'm thinking blades now. The blade tracking is not quite perfect, but it's not out by a lot. Only about 1/8" or so. About as close as I can get it with the DFC head.

My question is with the Gov on the YEP 45a. Shouldn't the Gov raise the head speed up, go past it's set point, then come back down? It doesn't do that when I throttle up.

Warning, this is a VERY boring video.

Align 450 Pro V2 Clone Flight YEP 45a with Gov Store on - YouTube

Slobberdog

Tony, I had my blades balanced roughly when I built my 450 DFC, then I got my scales and thought I would do a perfect job, so balanced the to 2 decimal places, and cog those blades, but you can guess what I am gonna say, I had worse vibes after I done that, so undone my balancing and they were great again.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, in my balance video, which I have removed, I was informed about Moment Of Force. I knew I was missing something, and that was it. But, I'm sure it's not my blades being out of balance that is doing it. I'm almost positive it's either the blades are not perfectly straight, or the CoG is too far in. Or, this main shaft is bent as well. No matter, new main shafts and new blades are on their way, as are a few more goodies.

Slobberdog

Yeah that's what I said early in that thread but it was a bit more accurate than the other way, just think that fbl helis need the chord wise cog to be good as well and I don't care how good the average person is that would be a very hard job to get right, that's where my balancing fell down I believe as the weight and length wise cog were both good.

I am going to go with the turnbuckles for the DFC arms and the servo links soon to give me better adjustments.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately those are for the swash links, not the grip links. But, I am thinking about getting them lol. Would be an awesome thing to have.

Slobberdog

yeah i can find them for the 500 but i saw some for the 450 the other day, might have been on a video on you tube but i can not find them at the moment.

those are the turnbuckle i was looking at for the swash

Lee

I'm not using Gov Store, just normal Gov with stock gain settings. I didn't have any luck with Gov store, but then again, i didn't take much time to figure it out.

On Gov, it just worked perfect first time.
The heli spools up to a high head speed then theres a little twitch in the tail, and it settles into the gov head speed.
I have Norm set to 60%, ID1 to 65% and ID2 to 75%. For smooth 3D i spend most of the time at 60% which equates to 2300 and 65% for more powerful moves.

Tony

Staff member
Cool, I will give that a shot. I don't know if in that pitch pump if I had the one way slipping, or if the Gov just didn't add any power to it. All I do know is it felt sluggish. The last time I did that, the thing shot up into the air like a damn rocket. It didn't do it that time. But last time, I was on a flat 100% curve with no gov. Need to get this thing figured out so that I can finish the videos on it.

Lee

With 60% Gov i now get 7min flights, were as with TH curves i got 4.5mins. :D
Wish i could get some video up. Having some great flights here. Flying almost everyday.

Tony

Staff member
I'm trying to fly something every day. The wasps out here have other ideas for me though lmao. I do know that I flew two packs yesterday, put them both on the charger to charge at the same time, and in 17 minutes I put 2200mah back into them both. So I know I can get a little more out of them. I'm thinking 7 minutes as well, but we will have to see. I'm just sport flying too, so nothing that puts a strain on them.

Graham Lawrie

I'm not using Gov Store, just normal Gov with stock gain settings. I didn't have any luck with Gov store, but then again, i didn't take much time to figure it out.

On Gov, it just worked perfect first time.
The heli spools up to a high head speed then theres a little twitch in the tail, and it settles into the gov head speed.
I have Norm set to 60%, ID1 to 65% and ID2 to 75%. For smooth 3D i spend most of the time at 60% which equates to 2300 and 65% for more powerful moves.

Is this in the settings for the YEP? As you have seen in my video of the 600 the head speed seems slow, Is there something in the Gov settings on the YEP to change that?

Top Bottom