Prop Clay's Aero Works Yak 54 w/ DLE-30

cml001

Got a new... New used toy... .90 - 1.20 Aero Works Yak 54 w a DLE-30. She had a good crash and the dude did a so so job repairing the mount to the landing gear... Solid, just not a pretty repair job but it'll do. Missing the wheel pants and the cover where the gear mounts.. But hey.. I've pulled most of her apart and cleaned her up. New fuel lines & filters.. Cleaned the carb... Installed a Spektrum & re-routed some wiring, bound it to my DX9, and did a preliminary set up... Gotta do a bit more with the iron and gun to smooth out some spots.. This week I'll get a new prop, charge leads for the Ni Mh packs or buy LiFe packs, & a gas can w a pump... After that just go back thru it and tune... I'm dig'n it!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone here had bird this size? 72" wingspan w a 30cc? Any suggestions on prop size, material, or brand?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

pvolcko

Nice find! Have you flown planes before?

I'm looking to get into an aerobatic plane to play around with, too. Starting to look around.

cml001

Oh yeah.. Started w planes. I've done tons of computer flight sims before I started RC.. When I did I skipped over trainers and went w what I loved.. Warbirds.. F4U, Spitfire, P-47... The Thunderbolt is the only airworthy frame I have at the moment.. Well.. The Yak now too.. But it's my first stunt/aerobatic plane.. As well as my first engine anything.. Been all electric up to this point.. So I'm hoping for the best.. Wasn't sure if I wanted to mess w engines... But here we go! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Parkzone has been my go to planes.. Pretty good foamies.. Don't know about the aerobatic planes but their warbirds have been good. Might wanna give them a look.. I have heard the the new SU-29 w the stabilization system is frowned on... Most guys want to control the plane w out the stabilizations input it seems.

Last edited:

EyeStation

I have heard the the new SU-29 w the stabilization system is frowned on... Most guys want to control the plane w out the stabilizations input it seems.

I heard a lot of those same reports. I have not had an issue with mine. As with any other gyro assist receiver/controller, mechanical setup is utmost important for the stabilization system to perform as programmed. Flight envelops and panic mode switching are all selectable. I find the stability mode to be great for fast, snappy flying, and the AS3X mode great for any type of 3D or Stunt flying. Plenty of pre-programmed throws in 3D and a nice programmed limit in the Stagility mode. I also hear the prices are dropping on them.

That is a great Yak you have there. I fear Nitro or fuelies. I just don't have the background to keep those running for long.

danhampson

I have heard the the new SU-29 w the stabilization system is frowned on... Most guys want to control the plane w out the stabilizations input it seems.

it was the same with FBL on helis, witchcraft!

Ive ordered an stablisation system for my edge so that i can fly it in higher winds, im sick of looking out of the window and seeing its to windy.

Nice Yak can't wait to see some video

The recommended props for the DLE 30 are 18x8, 18x10, 19x8, 20x8.

Top Bottom