Cheers from Hungary

billmester

Hi,
this is my first post here - a quick intro.
I am an electric engineer and I fly RC choppers since a year now, all 450's - and some 4ch toys. As I don't have much spare time (with 2 kids), I have only mastered the stable hover in tail-in mode only... and still learning to hover in other orientations. I can fly basic maneuvers, but... not very comfortably...
...however, I like to build and set these things up pretty much. I have an ever changing munber of helis :)whistle:) so I spend more time (re)building them then flying them but its ok :) Basically, I can (re)build and set up a 450 from scratch in 30 mins :)
As for a success story, I never crashed my scale heli :)
I have just started to go flybarless, this is why I'm here, to learn some 3GX tricks and tips...

happy flying,
bm

Admiral

Welcome from Australia,I am also new here and going down the 3GX path, Tony the Forum owner is working on it, but most of the info I get seems to point to going AR7200BX or Ikon depending on if you want to program direct or on a computer. I have a 3GX 450 flying om firmware V4 just seems to have issues on the ground at lift off, I don't find it as good as the much cheaper CopterX unit I have on another 450.

billmester

20140211_213557.jpgdfc.jpghelismall2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So you see here Buddy, the King2, and the mighty 911, they are in the pits now - not being used... (Buddy had an uncontrollable tail wag... with the esky controls)
The others are 450s, the Airwolf has custom made (realistic) lights too. Now I want to swap the Pro DFC into it and use the other for daily circles... The Walkera 60B in the background has a DSMX rx and align digital servos, with align motor and main gear :) Normally I use the GA-250 in most of my helis.
The v912 is not pictured, its a full stock machine... almost :)

- - - Updated - - -

I spent a lot of time on the 'wolf.
It has slow retracts, and custom lights.
The lights are commanded by a separate channel on the rx, every flight situation has a different light pattern (like in real life...)
I am proud of the gear lights with 2 LEDs. I could not make a good pic when they are on :)

gear light.jpg

20140211_213557.jpg

dfc.jpg

helismall2.jpg

gear light.jpg

billmester

Thanks!
See, I like to build them... still need to learn to fly them :newhere:

- - - Updated - - -

Surprising... I wanted to stick with the BIG brand... :(
I am very tempted to try one of the cheapo copycat chinese fbl units for $20...

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome to the forum! Very nice fleet.....I like the scale heli! Well, you've come to the right place!

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. Really nice fleet. As for going cheap on the fbl, dont do it, but if you have to then the zyx-s is not that bad. Not the cause of my most recent issues, Anyhow Wlecome to the forum and BTW we love pics and video.

Hi and welcome from America. I too have just started flying a FBL unit and started with the 3GX. Tony's videos helped me set it up and I had it flying pretty well. I changed to the IKon just for ease of setup.(the 3GX was under my heli and it was a pain trying to push the buttons on setups).

Great looking fleet.

You have come to a great group of people on this site.

billmester

Hi,
Thanks for the kind words from everyone.
I have started a new thread in the heli gyro section, as the "cheap fbl" is just on for me...
Cheers,
Janos

Top Bottom