Trucks Checking differentials

Hi guys,I just received the kyosho scorpion nitro rc buggy.Its my first rc car. Do you think the differentials have the certain quantity of oil that is needed or do I have to check them? It's supposed to be ready to run.And before I break in the engine, what else in general do you think I could check?

Tony

Staff member
If you are wondering about it, I would always check it. They are 'supposed to' have everything ready to go, but in most cases, they have missed something, somewhere.

I should check it..This vehicle weights at about 5,5 kgrs. What oil weight should I use in shocks, and what oil weight in differentials? It's a 2wd. The manual isn't clear enough for it.

Tony

Staff member
If I get a kit that I know noting about and I can't find oil weight suggestions, I always start with 40w for the shocks and then play with the pistons. As for the diff, if it is an oil filled diff, it probably has 10,000w oil in it. Very thick. 1/8th scales use this a lot in the axle diff's, but in the center diff, they use upwards of 1,000,000w oil to pretty much lock the center diff applying traction to both front and rear. I know yours is 2wd, just letting you know.

That is where I would start anyway. 40w for the shocks and 10,000w for the diff. But try to do some research and find out what is actually in there.

Top Bottom