Servos Cheap servos

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Can anyone please tell me about fusonic servos. Like to try them out for cheap servos. for 450 heli.

Tony

Staff member
With my experience, you get what you pay for. if you go cheap, you will get sloppy gears, horrible centering and very slow speeds. Just saying. Servos are pretty much a one time purchase, so why not get some good ones. You will learn MUCH faster with good equipment rather than chasing issues with cheap parts.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'll spring for the better servos then. Thought i could learn on cheap ones but you are right about "you get what you pay for!" Thanks Tony

Tony

Staff member
I'm all about trying new things. I did just that on the Corona servos that were supposed to be so good. Turns out they have a HUGE dead band, I couldn't set the pitch or tracking on my head, and it was just a nightmare. Put the EXI D213F servos on it, and it was a little better, but nothing like it should be.

You can get a set of 3 Align DS415 cyclic servos for $60 shipped on ebay, brand new and in the package. I think you can find some Savox a little cheaper if you know what numbers to look for (I don't since I have always went with Align).

But I do suggest good servos. Learn from my mistake with the "clone project". What a nightmare that was lmao. And I was trying to do it "right" hahaha. Fail...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I guess i don't have to open and try the corona servos then. Got them just to try. I'll take your advise and get the Align parts. Thanks for your time and advice!

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. Every now and then I get the chance to try out something that I see other members using and get to give my opinion on them. Some are good, some are bad, but I'm not going to make something out that it's not. Always tell the truth. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Top Bottom