General Charging

putang

How many of you folks use lipo bags when charging your battery's . I read/ herd that you can use fire resistant sock's . and you can buy them from summit racing .

murankar

Staff member
I just leave them out in the open. I rarely charge over 3c and all my packs have not puffed yet. Then again I have owned only one hobby king battery. I have only used pulse ultra and gens ace. I now have 2 Tatus sitting down stairs in the basement waiting for connectors.

Now if your packs are starting to puff or are old then i would be concerned or cautious.

Keep common sense on your side and you should not have an issue. Not saying you will never have an issue, just less likely.

In 6 years on here I think we have had only one Lipo fire that was told to us. So use your best judgement.

Tony

Staff member
When I started I used the bags once I learned about the dangers of the packs. I started racing again at the local track (now shut down unfortunately. Retired, not business related) and they required it. Here at the house, I use nothing. I set them on top of my charging case's acrylic (can be seen in the charging case videos) and let them go. But, I don't start a pack and walk away. I'm usually always right there with it.

Top Bottom