450 Charging problems

pj1969

Well if its not my heli's it the charger now!!! i have a iMAX B6 charger that does everything, well supposed too lol. I've been using it for over a month, for my 450 bats and also my big 5000mah ones for my 600. Trouble is when i plug in my balance lead for the small 11.1v 3s battery's it says battery vol error cell connect???? its happend all of a sudden. I have charged the 11.1v ones before and it happens on all 4 batterys. Has anyone else had these problems????? I've sent an email to where i had it from, good old ebay haha but dont hold out much hope. Any thoughts????

Tony

Staff member
If they dont' get back to you for a replacement, open the charger up and check the solder joints. I would bet that one is bad.

And please watch the language. We have children and people that are religious on here.

Lee

As Tony said, its probably a balance port connection problem, due to a bad solder joint.

pj1969

Right ive sorted the problem and got a full refund to boot lol. it was one of the tracks like yours Tony, only didnt look as bad, if any body has one of these chargers, they may encounter the same problem, so here are a few pics as what went on with mine. You can see on the 3rd track in 2 little brown burns marks, thats what the problem was. I used some wire from an old servo, carefully soldered it it place, then making sure it was safe, plugged it in and hey presto, 3s charging was renewed. it was worth me taking a look at it rather than throwing it in the bin, saved me £20 and saved the charger. Just take care when opening up and plugging into mains electric not to touch any components.IMG_4602.jpgIMG_4603.jpgIMG_4604.jpgIMG_4605.jpgIMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

Top Bottom