Chargers charger and power supply for 6s 5000mah?

RandyDSok

i can not understand which one is the fake and the original that's why i asked for help!

Why would we know any more than you... we are also just normal users just like yourself.

Forums are for users to help each other with info about how to do stuff or if no one knows for certain... they can discuss it in order to figure the issue out. When it comes to making a purchase, we are not going to have more info than to say where we may have purchased one item from... but we can't know everywhere that is good to make a purchase.

Tony

Staff member
In this hobby, most everything you get is a clone of something. If you want original, get one of the ichargers, I suggest the 306b with dual PSU's for a battery the size of what you are wanting to charge. The 306 is about the only charger that is not going to be maxed out when charging at a 2c charge rate. If you charge two batteries at once, that is 20 amps. Yes, you could go with the icharger 206b, but that would be maxed out as well. My suggestion is get the charger and PSU setup that I posted on page 1 of this thread. That is the best option for your needs.

JEXFIRE

If i just wanted to use one of these DPS-600PB to power a 200w charger would all I have to do is solder on some bullet connectors and go? 1000W is awesome but a little cost prohibitive and WAY more than I need right now.

murankar

Staff member
OK now that the pl gt500 is out I can say it is more than a capable charger. It's smaller and just as versatile as its big brother the pl6.

The advantage to this is that it will run just fine on a single HP pbs-600 or that economy 525w power supply that Tony and I have. Price point not sure what it is but I do know that it's less than a pl6.

One thing to keep in mind is that this charger can handle 24v, in fact it won't Max out unless your on 24v system. With that said I have to mention this: should one of you supplies dies during charging the powerful SHOULD survive the amp spike. Should this happen on an I charger it will kill it for sure. You can prevent it from happening through more electronics. Anyhow both chargers are great and we'll built. You won't be disappointed either way you go.

Heliman450

Hi tiskonia,

Great that you're thinking ahead. If you haven't started buying yet then I'd advise looking for a smaller heli using 3S batteries. When you dive straight in at 6S everything will be more expensive. Check out the price of the 6S batteries and multiply it by 4 as I think that's the minimum number to get a decent session at the field before re-charging.

Start with the simulator to practice the absolute basics and then search around for the heli. Wait until you can lift off and hover around a bit and understand enough about the Tx. and curves etc.

When you crash a 550 plus sized heli, it will cost more each time than the smaller ones. Look for the price of rotor blades and any gears/belts that you will need to replace add it up and you can decide if it's all too much expense for you.

Top Bottom