Charger. Align 450 pro ... first flight on camera

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey guys! i got my 450 in the air!! the setup was EASY!! just two links to play with in the whole head makes it so much easier. and now that i did the wirings all planned, and i had experience from my clone, this one turned out cleaner and easier.

The heli flies GREAT! i was excited , as you can tell from the video. I am running EXI fibre glass blades. They are good and I am gonna keep using them or HK ones till I get to HARD 3D.. so its gonna be a while.. lol

The tail.. I am not sure. The TT bearing inside the tail I think was gritty... NOT SURE... but cant think of anyother reason. The HH was at 62.5 as you'll c in the video. And the tail was holding OK in idle up... CONFUSING!! lol.. dont know whats up there...

After flight of 4.5minutes+ i used 1500mah out of my 2200mah battery so I was definately in limits (last time on this battery I used 2147mah.. :p lol.. I KNOW , i almost killed it on the clone ) ... but anywaz.. this time, I took care.

I will appreciate your inputs on this. Sorry it took me a while, I got busy doing things around here and got sidetracked from the video editing.

My pitch curve -- 47.5-45-50-75-100 (normal) 0-25-50-75-100(idleup)
My Throttle curve- 0-25-50-100(normal) and 100-95-90-95-100 (idleup)
Gyro 62.5(HH) 30(rate)
My esc still needs recalibration, I will fix it, but as i know it involves recentering everything again, I am slacking.. lol ..

Here is the video guys... I cut out some parts which noone really would care about, and my BLAB went on AND ON AND ON!!!!! lol
anyway.. ENJOY! :)

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/atuFuiupijI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tony

Staff member
In normal mode, you are not only increasing the pitch, but also the rpm of the motor. It's just more than the gyro can handle. My 500 did the same thing. It rotated over 90* when I did a hard pump. But, in idle up, it held great and never moved. Give it a shot in idle up. I was going it today with my mcpx and until the battery started to get low, I never had a tail problem. But great flying, get that thing inverted on the deck and let us see it :biggrin1:

Lee

If its just in normal mode i would say you need to adjust your throttle curve. Your curve gives a sudden jump in power, too much for pitch pumps.. Something like 0,45,65,80,80 would be smoother. (you don't need 100% in normal mode) But really pitch pumps should be left for idle up. Also you want your throttle to be almost the same at hover for normal and idle up. Lets say your heli is hovering at mid stick. For you thats 50%. If you change to idle up, thats a big jump in power to 90%
I only use normal mode for take off and landing, so the curve for me only serves one purpose, to give a smooth change over from normal to stunt mode.

Top Bottom