450 Chaos 450, 500 and the blade 450 3d helicopters

coolwaterhubby

I have been thinking of moving up to a chaos 450, 500 or a blade 450 3d rtf helicopter and would like a opinion on both. If someone as had the field time with any.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I vote for blade 450x (even if you asked 450) .... If you got the money, thats the best investment you can make. It's an awesome heli! Inherently stable with the Beast system, and flies amazing! As nimble as you want, and as agile as you want, all you need is to change some tx settings and off you go!! ;) flies almost straight out of the box. This is my opinion from experience. Helped 3 new 450X owners till date.

There are somethings to note/ tighten/ oil and make sure to do before flying... But thats just Maintanence... Some known minor issues, but again, nothing in this hobby is perfect. ;)

If you want to build and do custom setup, then chaos or tarot is what I would go for. Never flown chaos but heard good stuff about it. Tarot.. I fly it, it's awesome. This will Br cheaper to start with and flybarred..

450x will be flybarless, and just the gyro which you can reuse in a future bird is 250 by itself. ;)

murankar

Staff member
If this is the first heli then start smaller like mcpx or the msrx. These little birds are durable and inexpensive to fix after a major crash. Or you could opt for a flight sim. The sim of choice around here is Real flight 6. Some other considerations are parts, how accessable or they. Many people start with a T-rex or a t-rex clone, I went the clone. Nice thing about the blade is that you can get a DX6i tx which is what a lot of pilots have, if they have not upgraded to the DX7 or DX8.

Now for the clones, which one would i get? There are a few brands to look at all with their own advantages or lack there of. Ones that have been mentioned a lot on here is the Tarot, HK and EXI. These brands can be upgraded with Aligns products, which means that parts are very readily availible. Terot is maybe the highest quality clone out there. A few folks on here use Tarot parts to replace their broken T-rexs. I think Lee or Gaba can fill you in an the expectations of the model. I have the EXI and I have had my share of issues with it. Is it a bad clone, not really. If it is built correctly and with the right parts it flies just as good as the other clones. I am about to upgrade my original parts for higher quality parts. Not because I have to, but because I want to.

I hope this helps you a little. Sorry I did not answer your original question fully. Some of the other pilots will be able to since they have more experience than I.

Last edited:

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
murankar ... did you mean a Tarot brand? You said Terot at least twice in this post ... I looked and didn't find anything on a Terot brand ... just don't want to confuse people.

Lee

No experience with the 450X, but i'd like to give one a try. My vote would be for the Chaos. I have a 600 super combo and it is by far the best heli i have. It is based on the align but its not a clone its actually an upgrade.
The 450 and 500 are both great birds and if i was Stateside all my helis would be Chaos, but unfortunately the tax on my 600 to Spain was too much to buy another. The customer service from Cliff and his gang is second to none. Any issues are sorted very quickly and if you can't get hold of anyone at the factory then the Chaos forum has many factory pilots Dr Evil being the main one who will on your behalf get things done as i have experience on a couple of occasions.
So i think which ever you go for will be a winner.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Tarot, I had a super super long day yesturday. I felt like I was drunk . But yes it is the brand. I edited it with corrected speeling. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom