Kits CG Cub 2nd Stage

svan3001

I hope you like to sand. With the tail section glued up, it was time to add the detail to the parts. Included in the kit were three tools specifically for adding the details needed for the ailerons, rudder, elevator bevels and the curved details on the exposed surfaces. All that was needed was to take a sanding block knock the sharp edges off, then use to sanding tool to make curved or beveled detail called for in the plans. I am not showing the hinge slotting or positioning now, because I am not going to use the hinges that were included in the kit, instead I have ordered some other ones that I will show when they come. There are so many new options for hardware available since this kit was made. The fuselage is next, these parts are all out of " ply" so the edges when removed, are really rough and all the surfaces need to be sanded, taking care not to round the edges off. I do not use the plans to do a lay over to build the fuselage at this stage it is not needed. I orient the two sides opposite of each other making up the left and right side. This is where a lot of builders get in trouble, without doing this orientation they end up building two right sides. I am waiting for the motor and hinges to arrive to move on.
DSCN0487.jpgDSCN0489.jpgDSCN0490.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0490.jpg

Top Bottom