ESC CCTalon 90 ESC and Governor 101??

Bruno

Are you able to direct me to any resources that will help me better understand governor mode/settings and what autorotation mode/settings? I have a vague understanding of either but certainly not enough to use either effectively. :eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:

flysolo

I'm no pro but I can tell you what I've tried and found :)

The gov has different modes, I have only tried "set rpm"-mode. In this mode you define 3 different head speeds that you want and then you make 3 flat throttle curves that will give you each rpm. The difference with gov vs just a flat throttle curve is that the gov will keep the head speed under load and when the battery voltage starts to drop.

This means you will never use the stick to spool up your heli because in normal it's a flat curve. Instead you have TH on and when you flip it off the soft start kicks in.

With autorotation mode you can hava a different Head speed change rate = You can use the above method for a slow spool up but if you flip TH on and then off again while the heli is in the air it will use the other setting to get the rotor up to speed, not the soft start setting.

I also found that the motor and ESC is running alot warmer with the gov..

pvolcko

But you will want to redo your ESC endpoint setup to make sure that is good after an ESC firmware update.

Top Bottom