FBL Gyro CC3d Servo No go.

toranarod

Hi Guys
I have been trying out a few fly braless systems for my Helicopters and I am having a go at the CC3d open source controller.
looks like a great idea and seams to be focused on drone types more than collective pitch. But I like the concept of what it claims it can do.
Is there anybody here who uses one for a Fly Barbless System.

I have one connected to a spectrum DSM2 satellite receiver, works fine up to a point. All inputs from the radio feed back to the computer screen all other sensors work, binding works all good. I just cannot get the servo to move from the RC control system through the CC3d unit.
I have seen all the manuals watch you tube videos. just will not do it for me. :banghead:

Tony

Staff member
If this is a clone unit then it may not like servos being hooked up to it. But I have not actually tried this with mine yet. I will talk with my sponsors and see if I can get a couple of them to play with. And yes there will be video.

toranarod

Thanks Tony
I like the unit If you are into the technical side of RC as I am this is the gadget to play with. I built a 450 just for this unit.
I have 2 CC3D controllers one from Hobby King as recommended by them. The other from the clone market, I have set them up on different versions of the ground control Station GCS. actually I have tried every version available on there down load page.
There must be something I haven't enabled or a check box I haven't ticked. At the moment I cant find it. I can make the servos work from the computer software just not the RC box on the sticks. I found one helpful Video on you tube by a guy that has a good handle on helicopters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsO7GYJBkOU

toranarod

I found the problem. Not sure if its a bug or a failsafe Auto enable. If you save the setting after a swash set up the CC3D shuts down the servos.
The only way to bring it back on line is to re flash the thing and clear all data and reload the Data file. Or shut down the GCS software then Reboot
the GCS immediately again go back in a do exactly the same thing you did that shut it down. click on the save tab in the swash leaving menu.
They will come back on. :facepalm:

Top Bottom