ESC Castle Talon 90 problems

bbj

My esc on a 500dfc trex went up in smoke and I upgraded to the castle talon 90. My problem is after going through the talon setup using the castle link and software I am unable to get a response to my heli. Initialization never happens, meaning I do not see the servos move prior to flying. I see the satellites all lit but nothing else happens. Am I not doing another step to allow the 3gx to go through its initialization. Somewhere I read that I need to program the throttle end points for the esc but not sure how to do this. Do I need to rebind the receiver and 3gx? I am using 2 sats with a spectrum ar9020 and a telemetry Tm1000 unit.

holtneil

Hi mate, if your using the governor mode and have set up fixed end points on the throttle , set up throttle hold to a large neg number like -125 this will then give the esc a zero throttle to let it arm this is a safe feature of the talon , it stops it arming if the throttle is high

Lee

For esc calibration.
1. Reducing travel limits on the transmitter for throttle to 30 ish
2. Set normal throttle to linear curve
3. Power up ESC with mains and tails removed placing the stick in the high position after initilisation
4. Gradually increase the end point until the beep is heard, then increment it 2 clicks
5. Do the same for low stick
6. Done?

Hope this helps.

bbj

Guess I solved the problem. My old esc damaged my 3gx when it went up in smoke. That's why I didn't see any activity to my servos with the new esc. Have to now program a new gyro and should be back in the air.

Tony

Staff member
Did you go back with the 3GX or did you go with another gyro? Glad you got it sorted either way.

bbj

I decided to use an Ikon as my gyro since its the same as I have on my 550L dominator. That way both are the same and its very easy to set up using the software on a computer. Hopefully the setup should be easier this time because the swash and linkages are already adjusted mechanically.

Tony

Staff member
Fantastic choice bro! As you know on the 550, you are going to love it MUCH more than the 3GX. And yes, the setup should be much easier. But you may still have to do some linkage adjustments, but nothing like you had to do when it was new. As always, let us know if we can help out.

Top Bottom