General Castle ESC

concodd

Got my Castle USB today and changed my setting for helicopter and type of ESC then updated it. I assume then you can go out of that programme and plug the ESC back into the 3GX to do your end points?? I tried this got my battery countdown and a blinking red light. But have no power to the motor and cannot do my end points. Must have missed something somewhere. I am only using a 3 cell to do all my setting up, could be that I should be using my 2x6 cell instead. Is it because I do not have enough power in that 3cell.

concodd

Have charged up my main battery packs. Have tried them, got a good battery count down but still no power to the motor and I have a flashing red light from the ESC??

pvolcko

While the battery count is happening it will flash the LED with the tones to count out cells.

Once that is done the ESC waits for a 0 throttle input before it will arm. If you do not have the Rx/FBL connected and powered up this will not happen, obviously. If you have not down endpoint setup it will not happen either.

Endpoint setup:
0) Remove blades. Always do this when doing bench work, but especially important when working with ESC and and throttle settings adjustments.
1) Power up Tx, throttle to mid stick. Select mode with linear 0-100 throttle curve.
2) Power up Rx. If your Rx/FBL needs to see zero throttle before it will initialize (7200BX for example) then move to zero throttle to init it and then bring back up to mid stick.
3) Tx travel adjust on throttle channel so that MAX is 70% and MIN is 30%. Throttle stick till mid stick.
4) Power up ESC with the throttle cable connected. It will do it's cell count beeping and then should sit there waiting.
5) Move throttle stick to full up position, and then adjust travel adjust MAX up until you hear it beep (then add another few clicks of travel adj to be safe).
6) Move throttle stick to low position, and then adjust travel adjust MIN down until you hear it do a bunch of beeps (indicating it is initialized) and add a few more clicks down for safety (not a lot, 1-2% is all that's needed for safety margin).

That's it. Endpoints set. Move throttle up and down and the motor will spin up and whatnot.

Now, power it all down as you would normally. Then power it all up normally and the ESC will initialize when the throttle is put at low stick position, after cell count.

- - - Updated - - -

As for your flashing LED issue... It will flash once every 10 seconds (and beep the motor) to indicate it is powered up and waiting, after the cell count. Looking at the manual, I don't think there is an error where the LED flashes RED without the motor being beeped simultaneously.

concodd

Paul, is 0 to 3 done while still attached via USB to the computer, or just with the throttle cable not attached? Then you say to reconnect to the throttle channel at no 4 then continue?

pvolcko

No USB. Throttle cable attached through all of it, or if you have a zero init Rx/FBL then after step 3. Step 4 you power up the ESC. All of this depends on if you can independently switch on/power up your Rx/FBL vs ESC. If they are all one then yeah you'll have to power it all up at once and only connect the throttle cable once at step 4.

Again, blades off. If possible slide the motor away from the main gear or remove the main gear entirely to avoid hurting yourself during all this.

Top Bottom