Carbon Z Yak 54 3x An amazing plane

Ken Jackson

Almost done Tony! Need to order a new motor shaft and a prop adaptor. That and a bottle of CA glue and looks like that's all that crash is gonna cost me.

ken

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and I meant to post, you are not the only one to pull "UP" while inverted lol. I did that with one of my foamies, and lets just say, you have very light damage lol. There was nothing left of my poor plane. But, ti was an EDF jet though so it was going quite fast lol.

Ken Jackson

Yeah something to be said about slow flight. I am starting a new job the 21st in Chicago. I have two weeks left in Philadelphia then I be living in Chicago and all my stuff will be in St Charles, MO. So probably won't be flying much the next month. Hoping for a warm October.

ken

Tony

Staff member
What matters is you got it down on one piece. Much easier repair than the last one. Looked good up there though.

Blade_flyer

Ken, glad to see the Yak back together. That's the nice thing about foamies. Nothing a little glue wont fix! I broke the tail on the apprentice a few weeks ago. I had her inverted and pulled it up to land it and ran out of altitude before she came back around. Slammed her hard into the muddy cornfield belly down. Snapped the tail clean off! A little foam safe thick CA and she was up flying 30 minutes later! (It took that long to clean the mud from camera that was mounted to the battery tray.) It works great as well.

Nothing hurt but my pride.

Fly crash repair repeatrev2-small.jpg

Fly crash repair repeatrev2-small.jpg

Ken Jackson

Gonna be down for a while yet. Moved again, still have stuff in storage. Noticed the entire frame that holds the landing gear is not attached to the plane. Not falling off but definitely loose.

I like your FLY, CRASH, REPAIR, REPEAT!

Been doing that for 5 years now.

Blade_flyer

Yes, I'm beginning to realize that no matter how much experience with flying, crashes happen. Especially when I do stupid stuff. And I seem to do that a lot.

Top Bottom