Micro Carbon Fiber Main Frame for Blade mCP X BL

Well it got here today.
Found it packaged very well... lots of bubble wrap!

Things needed to build:
-Phillips Screwdriver. I used an Align Phillips from a T-Rex 250 kit. Works great.
-Blue Threadlock
-Patience and Time

I opened the package and got to work building it. It came with everything I needed besides a screwdriver of course. Everything was individually packaged in tiny little bags according to what they were. Most of the frame was assembled; the carbon fiber side plates were screwed onto the metal parts already. Of course, you want to take it all out to loctite them (mine did not come with any traces loctite) and you need to take it apart anyway to finish building it. Remember to use blue loctite on all metal-to-metal screw joints.

First thing you need to do is take the left side plate (viewing from the back) off and set it aside. Look at the pictures to assist you in building it. Be very careful, a lot of the plastic parts are NOT symmetrical and will not work the other way. I learned that the hard way, had to disassemble almost the whole frame because of one backwards part

Installing the AR bracket was easy, all you need to do is put the screw through it and screw it into the plastic holder. The plastic is formed in a way that it locks the AR bracket in place once you tighten it fully. Very nice, no need for two screws.

Once the frame is fully built, I decided to install the motor FIRST, then the servos. It seems easier. You need to use the motor screws supplied with the mCP X BL to hold the motor on; the ones in the kit are too small.

The only annoying thing about building this is the fact that they didn't use self-tapping screws for the servos. Half of my time spent building the heli was putting the servos on. You have to push pretty hard to get the servos to start into the plastic, which I was a little scared to do because I didn't want to damage it. They do go in eventually.

The tail clamp I am not a huge fan of. The very first time I screwed it together the screw stripped out. I need to go to the hardware store to pick up some M1.2 x 8 screws and matching nuts to do this right. Fortunately the boom is tight enough in the clamp without the screw I am not too worried about it.

I do like the tail boom area though. There is absolutely ZERO flex in the rear of the frame (unlike stock) so I can guarantee that wag will be dramatically reduced.

The frame overall seems really strong. Much, much more stiff than the stock frame.

Pros:
-Very Strong
-Better Air Cooling for Main Motor
-A Bit of Included Metal Bling
-Super Cool Looks

Cons:
-A Bit Tedious to Build
-Tail Boom Clamp Could Be Better

This frame is definitely a keeper. Overall, pretty impressed. I will for sure recommend this to a friend.

Top Bottom