Videos Carbon Core X4 650 test flight

WyDiablo

Here's a short video I did to check the quad for jello and vibrations. And I see I will have to work and the vibs some to get a better video. The maiden flight was using (1) 4S 5000Mah battery with 11x4.7 or 11x5 (CF) can't really remember and after a 5 min flight the motors was warm but not hot. Then I did a flight with 10X4.5 props (Plastic) and after a 5 min flight the warms were warm also. Now the test flight today with 13x6.5 (CF) props using 4s 5000Mah battery on a 5min flight the motors was a tinny bit warmer. I could tell by the sound of those props with that 6.5 pitch that they were really grabbing some air big time, Anyways here's the video I made nothing great just checking vibs and jello. Also the out side temp today was between 96 and 98 degree F

8 29 testfly - YouTube

Last edited:

Stambo

Here is how I balance my props/motors. This vid is on a V949 but I do the same on my big quads.
I use a servo tester on each motor, obviously you will have to secure it down somehow.
If you choose this method be careful that it does not take off on you. Safety first and all that.
I accept no responsibility for damage or injury arising from using this method of balancing. :):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nu7YwajBhg

WyDiablo

Yea I have seen and tried this method on my props when I first got my F550. Now I use a suspended magnetic type to balance my prop and it gets them really close if not dead on. Waiting on my APC 12x3.8 props so I can try them on my quad and see how they do. I gotta this thing lined out and get some more FPV because I have only had 2 flights so far and I would really like to do a lot more. That's a really neat looking little qaud you have there Stambo I bet it would zip though the air like a jet.

Stambo

I have a mag balancer but found even after balancing I still had some vibes.
With the laser you end up doing the props and motors as a unit.
Works for me and the more I do it, the easier it gets.
I am starting to understand more what the shape and size of the laser pattern means.

As for the V949 they are a great little machine, I strongly recommend anyone wanting to fly a quad for the first time get one of these.
They are still ok in reasonable wind, in fact I think they are more fun in the wind.
You have a bit of a fight to get them upwind but coming back the really move.
Then at that speed attempt to fly under my electric fence, not always successfully. :)
Really robust, I don't know how many times I have crashed that one but I finally retired it recently and got a new one.

WyDiablo

I have tried the laser balance with the prop still attached to the motor but I found out really fast that I was only cashing a fast moving ghost. For me the best way is to do the props then the motors but the motor balance is the really hard thing for me to get correct. Right now I"m trying to figure out why my motors are so dang warm I think they should be running a lot cooler. So I might be getting some resistance or I'm having problems getting the correct balance between props size and motor.

Top Bottom