Cant Hover in phoenix

sterlingh

Marius,I did exactly they way you laid it out on the 1st page, then went with new TX in the sim, then backed the servo adjust back to 100 and the other items u suggested, and WOW, is all I can say. I can start with this and know I am doing right. Then I can increase the difficult level in the sim and make other tweaks. Man that's just great bud and I thank you.

stokke

Great to hear you've figured it out :D
It takes some time to wrap ones head around the Tx settings combined with the Sim settings.
But once you get it, it's all good ;)

The goal when training should be;

to end up at full servo travel.
to end up with D/R at 100%.
to end up with 100% (expert) on the Sim model configuration.
to end up using no, or little expo.

By now the bird should be extremely agile and hard to fly, but if you want an even bigger challenge - you can raise the simulation speed over 100%.

Good luck training.
We'll meet up in the RC-HELP Phoenix Multiplayer room one day ;)

Tony

Staff member
Looks good to me. Make sure in your travel menu that you move the sticks to make sure all of the settings are the same. There is an up elevator, and a down elevator, right aileron and left aileron, and so on. Other than that, it looks good.

sterlingh

Ok thanks Tony. Yup on the moving sticks and the changes it makes. Man I still cant believe how hard it is for me, all over again to hover... oh well I will get it... Thanks again..

Tony

Staff member
You'll get it bro, it just takes time. One of these days everything will just "click" and you will have one of those moments when you say "OH, now I get it" lol. We have all been there.

stokke

If you still find it difficult, you could reduce servo travel on AIL and ELE to maybe 90 or 80%
Then it'll be even more composed to control.

sterlingh

Marius, Thanks .... Actually on D/R& expo i set it all up to 100% and on expo 25%. Turns out with 100% turned down i did not have the sensitivity I guess i need. I was moving the stick ever so slowly but not getting movement. So I went back to 100% and while I only have very slight improvement at least now I know nothing is wrong with my settings or the sim lol... Thanks for the help. Yup on seeing you and others in the rchelp online player..... I looked for it the other day but did not see it...

sterlingh

I cant believe this. I still dont hover that well, but have been practicing other maneuvers. I watched not to long ago a vid on inverted flying and I will be dog gone if I haven't for the 1st time did it. It was not all that pretty but at least I know I can do it and now can start getting better at it.. Thanks Phoenix

sterlingh

Thanks Marius, I think for me I want it to be at the most sensitive settings I can get. That way I know when I do get it I will not have to move to a more difficult setting and then get that setting etc. Maybe backwards than others or not I dunno, but for me I think it works best.... Enjoying!

Tony

Staff member
IMO, I would set the sim so it's easiest to fly for learning orientation and how to keep it in a steady hover. Once you know tail, left, right and nose in, then put it on a more realistic setting so it becomes twitchy like a real helicopter. This will help you more than just setting it twitchy and trying to learn all of the other stuff at the same time.

stokke

IMO, I would set the sim so it's easiest to fly for learning orientation and how to keep it in a steady hover. Once you know tail, left, right and nose in, then put it on a more realistic setting so it becomes twitchy like a real helicopter. This will help you more than just setting it twitchy and trying to learn all of the other stuff at the same time.

+1 Agreed.

Top Bottom