450 canopy repair / fix is it possible

Sparse

one of the holes on my canopy has become elongated were the grommet goes is there a way to fix it ? I did see online grommet screws/ nuts would they work ? I dont want my canopy coming loose on me in flight. so any suggestions would help.

Tony

Staff member
Your best bet is to get some thin fiberglass and some resin. Then use that to repair the hole correctly, then redrill it.

Derek

Using the suggestion that Tony said would surely do the trick. Fiberglass smells pretty awful but it's pretty simple to work with. Just be sure to wear some disposable gloves of some sort....rubber, nylon, nitrile.

If you are more interested in the quick release canopy nuts, check out   - Welcome to RCBooya

I have the canopy nuts on my 500 and soon will have them on my 600, as well. They are awesome!!!

Tony

Staff member
Since they require a larger hole in the canopy, those nuts are an option. And, I think..., they screw down onto the canopy so they won't move.

Derek

That's awesome guys! You're welcome!

I had the guys at IRCHA install the RCBooya canopy nuts on my 500 while my wife and I were there. I love those quick release mounts. They are easy to use. Easy on. Easy off. And they look good, too.

Derek

That's awesome guys! You're welcome!

I had the guys at IRCHA install the RCBooya canopy nuts on my 500 while my wife and I were there. I love those quick release mounts. They are easy to use. Easy on. Easy off. And they look good, too.

Top Bottom