General Can you believe it

treff

Well, after all the drama. I still do not know what was wrong but after all that I now have two, yes two helicopters to fly. Number one is the first one I brought some time ago, it the cheapest HK450. Crashed after just two tries. Number 2 is the HK 450 GT Pro2 which has the good motor very good servos. Both have
the Assan gt250 mems gyro and identical Spectrum RX.. Which one is the smoother and best to fly. Yes of course the one I call the bitsa model with the cheap servos but then again I can't really fly a heli yet so what do I know. Only that the cheapo sounds very good and responds very well to the TX commands. I have set them both up almost identical but the cheap one in my opinion flies better. Maybe it is because I'm more relaxed with the cheap one and so fly a little better. I don't know but I think flying helicopters is more in the mind than one would think. Anyway just thought I would let the guys here know the
state of play. I'm beginning to enjoy this. One tip I will pass on that has help me enormously is when you fly have plenty of real estate in front of you. That one suggestion has help me greatly. Also an old fart can learn new trick LOL. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
I suspect that the cheap one is easier because the servos don't react as fast and it's not as high powered. Makes for a better learning helicopter. Glad you got them going!

treff

Awesome Treff. Now lets see some video of them. :)

Hi Lee, WEll I spoke to soon. Had a very bad evening. Very bad in the sense of two helicopters down. Will I ever learn. Oh well back to the repairs and waiting for spares. Lost orientation on both. I was trying to fly side on and lost it. I went for height and went to high LOL Fought the thing for a few minutes but in the end lost it to the ground. Did pretty much the same on the second trying to do side on. All part of the hobby I suppose fly, crash build and learn a bit every time. Cheers

Lee

Sorry to hear that Treff. Try to think what it is thats causing these crashes. Is something missing from your skill set? have you got your bail out to tail in muscle memorised? (This one is the most important)
Do you still have training gear on? I kept mine on to the point just before i learnt to loop. Result, only one crash.
Rebuild and try again mate :)

treff

Cheers guys. It's no problem. Just trying to hard I think. Training gear does not help at over 100 feet high LOL. Just grabbed to much sky to get safe and completely lost it both times I'm afraid. I did side in hover about twenty times but on the twenty first lost it went for tail in and height but just to high. LOL Lots of spare parts on order, blades, main shafts feathering shafts. tail tubes and a few other bits. I think Align will be on overtime LOL.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah Treff, I got a buttload of parts that will be arriving tomorrow! So I might actually be able to get a bird back into the air tomorrow if this weather holds off!

Top Bottom